sound leaking on ksc35?
Jan 8, 2004 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jctl

New Head-Fier
I'd like to get cheap earbuds or earclips to replace the mx300's that came with my new Rio Karma, and the ksc35's seems to be highly recommended and within my price range. I'm worried about sound leaking, however -- I often play music in quiet areas, and the mx300's already leak a little too much for me. Will the leaking on the KSC35's be much worse than the mx300's? If so, is there any earbud or earclip without too much leakage that I can get for around $30 or less that would be a significant upgrade from the mx300's?

Thanks for your help

Jan 9, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 10
They only leak if you listen loud. At reasonable levels, they don't leak at all. If your KSC-35 are leaking a lot of sound, your bigger concern is hearing damage, IMO.

Jan 9, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 10
I think in comparison with MX300's... KSC-35 leak significantly more sound than them. If MX300's already a little too much, KSC-35 is definitely way beyond that.

If you're sitting in a really quiet, library environment, there's no question the sound is going to travel quite a bit.

Jan 9, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
They only leak if you listen loud.

But how loud is too loud? I really don't listen to my music all that loud but if I put the 35s on my desk, speaker down, I can still hear them.

In a library or other similar environment, I could see where the KSC-35s wouldn't be appropriate.

Jan 9, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 10
Thanks for the opinions, all.
So is there anything I can get in an earbud or an earclip that will sound better than the mx300 for under $40? The ksc35 and the mx500 are the only recommendations that I constantly see in this price range, and I don't know that the mx500 will be too much of an improvement, and will be equally uncomfortable in my ears. I've thought of grabbing the px200, but I really want something that will fit easily in my pocket, so I think collapsible headphones are out.
Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 10
You *could* try the new Apple in-ear earphones.. lol.. they look like some variation on the Sony EX71 scheme... And they're at the $40 mark.

Granted, no one knows what they sound like, or if they're any good at all.

Jan 11, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #8 of 10
i have an ipod and those ipod in ears

and they suck terribly
they are awful
i don't have the money to buy a pair of ksc35's but i did anyways because my 30 min commute is killer if i can't even reasonably enjoy the music.

stay away from those ipod phones!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back