Souls vs Beats vs Chambers
Mar 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #121 of 238

Quote:
I go to UCR. Yes.. college campuses are overrun by Beats... one of my hallmate has Beats Solo.. and I don't even want to tell him how awful those are because I know he will try to defend his "pride" in those plastic... Funny thing... no one ever asked me about my W1000X despite its sexiness...

haha man I feel your pain...  UCR! thats awesome! gorgeous campus! whats your major?  Everyone thinks my future sonic atrios and vsonic gr07 suck because they dont look cool... news flash. fashion does not always mean better quality.  Apple vs every other computer company is an example.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #122 of 238
Business Admin.. very mainstream stuff.. possibly going double major with CS.. still thinking... LOL yeah.. walk into any lecture hall.. half of the laptops are MAC... while I use my notebook and voice recorder... amazingly I still get higher grade than 90% of the people.. might be because I can't play tetris with notebook.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #123 of 238

Quote:
Business Admin.. very mainstream stuff.. possibly going double major with CS.. still thinking... LOL yeah.. walk into any lecture hall.. half of the laptops are MAC... while I use my notebook and voice recorder... amazingly I still get higher grade than 90% of the people.. might be because I can't play tetris with notebook.

precisely!!! People just really need to start looking at what they buy and look at the technical aspect...

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #126 of 238
That's because your version isn't in FLAC... when it is and you listen to it through a decent set of IEMs, the mastering is better than on the original press of the Dark Side of the Moon.... the high-hats and the vocalists' voices really blend together perfectly.  The nuances in the captain's voice also shine through brilliantly.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #127 of 238

Quote:
That's because your version isn't in FLAC... when it is and you listen to it through a decent set of IEMs, the mastering is better than on the original press of the Dark Side of the Moon.... the high-hats and the vocalists' voices really blend together perfectly.  The nuances in the captain's voice also shine through brilliantly.

(LOL)! That sounds exaggerated. So the captain's voice sound heavenly huh...

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #128 of 238
(LOL)! That sounds exaggerated. So the captain's voice sound heavenly huh...

It certainly does on a set of properly EQ'ed V-80s running Voodoo sound on my Infuse with Poweramp playing FLAC with an E11(borrowed). I've matured since, though. Now I only test with the theme from Robot Chicken on vinyl.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #129 of 238
Oh then you DEFINITELY haven't heard it out of a Woo Audio amplifier and the SR-009.... man the Spongebob theme trumps absolutely everything. Robot Chicken vinyl? Pfft.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #130 of 238
sponge bob,omg
ph34r.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #132 of 238
Apr 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #134 of 238
I laugh at this thread every time I see "Chambers" lol... What I still dont know what chambers are. Frankly all I know is, the noobcake that started this thread bought them I think!

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #135 of 238

Quote:
I laugh at this thread every time I see "Chambers" lol... What I still dont know what chambers are. Frankly all I know is, the noobcake that started this thread bought them I think!

Yep noobcake did probably buy "chambers" with the silly flashing lights on the side, and no, not a single person on head-fi herd of this "chambers" before coolio or what ever came along. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back