Sorbothane (shock absorber) sheets-$20 at scientificsonline.com
Aug 7, 2001 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 19
Sorbothane?!

Who the heck'd be silly enough to tweak with Sorbothane? Silly audiophiles.

wink.gif

333_on_sorbothane_feet_300.jpg

Aug 7, 2001 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 19
The blue things are the Sorbothane feet. They're SorboGel, which is supposed to be a special foamed Sorbothane or something like that.

Those little pads under the front feet were used to level the unit (my desk isn't perfectly level -- it leans forward a bit). With those pads, the 333 is perfectly level both ways.

Aug 7, 2001 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 19
Looking at the packaging for the Audioquest Big Feet now...

Wow, I didn't notice this before: Each Big Foot is made up of two layers. The top layer (which is the flat part) is made up of a thickness of foamed Sorbothane. Most of the bottom part is made of solid Sorbothane.

Aug 7, 2001 at 10:17 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by squirt
put me down for a couple sheets...any extra i can use to make fishing lures...

LOL~!

Just make sure you dont end up eating it as GUMMY worms
wink.gif

Tides

PS. if I stack enough of this sheet cut in squares, I can build up 4 legs ..... hmm.....

Aug 7, 2001 at 12:50 PM Post #9 of 19
OK guys that are interested in Sorbothane sheeting.

Check this out www.NoiseKiller.com

They sell a self contained can called NoiseKiller Blue.

It acts such as to change vibrations into low-grade heat ie: actaully getting rid of the problematic energy into a different form.

I am getting some og this stuff for inside my computer, to deaden the damn thing down, but it would work very well inside hi-fi separtes cases.

You just spray it on, like paint, its water solubale so you can wipe it off with a dmp cloth before it dries, but its a little herader once it dries. Note that it strangley doesnt have the rubbery feel most would expect - its like paint. Read the blurd @ the link i gave.

I am sure this stuff would cut out the vivrations that cause sound degradation. However, seeing as we're al headphone listeners here, the main problem of loudspeaker acoustic feedback to the very electronics that supply their signal is greatly reduced. Therefore what vibration are we drying to deaden with all that sorbothane?

Aug 7, 2001 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 19
So you're stuffing something into your computer.... that produces heat ???

Hmm, I don't know about this. You might end up buying a bigger fan to prevent your computer from dying, which produces more
noise/vibrations, so you have to put more of that stuff in.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back