Soranik Audio Discussion
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #17 of 33
Please refer to our website for more information, it's live :)

The energizer is quite inconvenient indeed if portability is the priority, though a bigger pouch might solve the problem. I myself usually strap the energizer to the back of my phone for streaming while out and about.

Looking forward to seeing you next week!
I’d love to see a picture of your phone set up! Good to see the official product page is live I’ll update the first post :p

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #18 of 33
1711940161315.png

I ordered 1 universal pair, with some customized colors to replace current Soranik Basilica :)

Some quick impressions:
- the shell is comfortable to wear as It only has 3 drivers/side, not as big and heavy like Basilica (6 drivers/side).
- packaging of this IEM is variety (4.4 - 4.4 cable, energizer, metal warranty card, balanced cable 4.4).
- I evaluate sound characteristic as slightly V-shaped with emphasizing in bass region.
- clarity, seperation, details are superb. You can easily distinguish notes, violin bows in complex tracks with many instruments. This leads to better soundstage and imagining. Basilica is already a really great IEM pair but this MEMS-3s is in another level, It truly can compare with decent fullsize headphones. MEMS-2 is not worth to mention but MEMS-3s is a must-try pair if you have a chance :beerchug: I believe the hype for MEMS driver is real and really looking forward to new ideas/implementation for MEMS drivers
- The disadvantage of this pair is it sacrificed the portability. You must always input it into energized to get proper sound, which made your chain more complicated and quite annoyed if you are kind of person that want to plug-n-play quickly

My chain:
- laptop -> Ibasso DC04 Pro -> MEMS-3S (Tangzu Tang Sancai Eartips, stock cable of Soranik)

AMA if you want

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #19 of 33
1711940161315.png

I ordered 1 universal pair, with some customized colors to replace current Soranik Basilica :)

Some quick impressions:
- the shell is comfortable to wear as It only has 3 drivers/side, not as big and heavy like Basilica (6 drivers/side).
- packaging of this IEM is variety (4.4 - 4.4 cable, energizer, metal warranty card, balanced cable 4.4).
- I evaluate sound characteristic as slightly V-shaped with emphasizing in bass region.
- clarity, seperation, details are superb. You can easily distinguish notes, violin bows in complex tracks with many instruments. This leads to better soundstage and imagining. Basilica is already a really great IEM pair but this MEMS-3s is in another level, It truly can compare with decent fullsize headphones. MEMS-2 is not worth to mention but MEMS-3s is a must-try pair if you have a chance :beerchug: I believe the hype for MEMS driver is real and really looking forward to new ideas/implementation for MEMS drivers
- The disadvantage of this pair is it sacrificed the portability. You must always input it into energized to get proper sound, which made your chain more complicated and quite annoyed if you are kind of person that want to plug-n-play quickly

My chain:
- laptop -> Ibasso DC04 Pro -> MEMS-3S (Tangzu Tang Sancai Eartips, stock cable of Soranik)

AMA if you want
That is some noice color

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #20 of 33
1711940161315.png

Some quick impressions:

My chain:

AMA if you want
How long the battery of energizer last?

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #21 of 33
That is some noice color
thanks :) silver and gold are really catchy, blue color looks quite dull in real life IMHO

How long the battery of energizer last?
Around 7-8h I think. I don't continously listen long session so it's hard to capture the precise number here. With this kind of setup, I also prefer to always use charger rather than use battery. There is no background noise neither using with charger or using battery

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #23 of 33
I missed out on CJ SG due to a stay in hospital. Hence, when @Uncle Wilson from Jaben SG offered to send across the demo unit of the new Soranik MEMS-3S, I jumped on the offer. :)

Just sharing unboxing photos at this stage. Will give it a listen and offer some impressions in due course.

IMG_4259.jpeg
IMG_4260.jpeg
IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4264.jpeg
IMG_4265.jpeg
IMG_4266.jpeg
IMG_4267.jpeg

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #24 of 33
That was faster than I expected! Please note that the commercial version of the energizer will not have the Bypass function, this one is for shop’s demo only!
I missed out on CJ SG due to a stay in hospital. Hence, when @Uncle Wilson from Jaben SG offered to send across the demo unit of the new Soranik MEMS-3S, I jumped on the offer. :)

Just sharing unboxing photos at this stage. Will give it a listen and offer some impressions in due course.

IMG_4259.jpegIMG_4260.jpegIMG_4263.jpegIMG_4264.jpegIMG_4265.jpegIMG_4266.jpegIMG_4267.jpeg

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #25 of 33
That was faster than I expected! Please note that the commercial version of the energizer will not have the Bypass function, this one is for shop’s demo only!
Ah! Thank you for your explanation. I was indeed wondering about the utility of the bypass function. Because it would require quite a fair bit of power from the DAP. As it is, I am running my M9+ at volume 40 on turbo gain. And I do listen softer than most people.

One question: are there plans to have an energizer with a few gain steps? The reason I ask is because I can imagine that some DAPs would benefit from the added power. :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #26 of 33
Ah! Thank you for your explanation. I was indeed wondering about the utility of the bypass function. Because it would require quite a fair bit of power from the DAP. As it is, I am running my M9+ at volume 40 on turbo gain. And I do listen softer than most people.

One question: are there plans to have an energizer with a few gain steps? The reason I ask is because I can imagine that some DAPs would benefit from the added power. :)
Yes we are running prototypes of the next version right now, they can swing more than 3 times (roughly ±20V) the original design of the AP0 due to having much higher input voltage supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #27 of 33
Yes we are running prototypes of the next version right now, they can swing more than 3 times (roughly ±20V) the original design of the AP0 due to having much higher input voltage supply.
Thanks for the update. Yes, I agree with better control and grip on the sound as well. I suspect that the trebles will be more extended yet smoother. As well the mids be more filled out. I am very familiar with the headphones side of the house, whether planar, dynamic, electrostatic or ribbon. I think the MEMS 3S is certainly heading in the right direction. :) But of course there is always room for upside.

Hence, I do look forward to hearing more about the work you are undertaking and, in due course, get a chance to listen to the final product. :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #28 of 33
Well, the sources I have used thus far, the DX320X with balanced nutube amp card and the M9+, have pretty full mids and smooth trebles. Well, let's see how the upgraded energizer will impact the overall sound signature in due course when it is released. :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #29 of 33
I have had some time with the MEMS-3S now. I have found that for the streaming DAPs I have, the Shanling M9+ works best. I have on volume 50 on the Extra Turbo gain. For those who know the Shanling M9+, you will know that, for its form factor, it is a pretty powerful little DAP. That sort of tells you that you do a pretty powerful DAP to do the MEMS-3S justice.

The other DAP that I have tried with the MEMS-3S thus far is the iBasso DX320X with balanced nutube amp card. I had it running on about 40/60 on high gain.

The one characteristic that you will universally hear about the MEMS-3S is that it has a soundstage that folks will claim is like that of a full sized headphone. Well, yes to a certain extent. But of course if you come from the headphone side of the house, YMMV. The soundstage is nice and big. However, of course, there are always trade offs. One of the ways to extend the soundstage is to push out the treble extension to give that sense of space. The flip side is then, for some recordings, there may be hints of harshness or sibilance. I am sure this is something that Soranik will be looking at how this can be smoothened out. :)

Insofar as bass is concerned, there is more quality than quantity. Where there is bass, the thump is deep and tight. In that sense, it is pleasing for someone like who is not a bass head but to whom it is important especially when I listen to Chinese ACG where there is deep and taut bass.

For mids or vocals, it seems to depend on the recordings in question. For well recorded tracks, the mids and vocals are just nicely placed: neither too recessed nor too forward. There is great texture for the vocals.

So, I would sum up by saying that I think the MEMS-3S is a very transparent system. The great thing is that it is very revealing and will reward well recorded music. But correspondingly, the flip side is that with not so well recorded tracks, you may find some sibilance/harshness in the trebles. The MEMS-3S will not paper over these flaws in the tracks.

In the ultimate analysis, the MEMS-3S is an encouraging step in the development of MEMS drivers and the potential for such drivers in creating a different type of listening experience. What I particularly look forward to is the development of an energizer unit with different gain steps as @nhat_thanh has mentioned above. That, I suspect, will give even better control to the MEMS-3S IEMs. :)

IMG_4335.jpeg

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #30 of 33
I was chatting with @SteveK27 about the MEMS-3S and he asked if I had tried it on my desktop rigs as he suspected the heft and drive of my desktop rigs would give it a different flavour.

I was concerned about trying it off my SAEQ Hyperion Ge as it might be too powerful (as it has enough power to be a speaker amp as well) as it bosses the Hifiman Susvara and HE-6 around. :wink: But I thought I would try the MEMS-3S with my ONIX Miracle. I had it running on headphone mode on high gain. I slowly turned up the volume to 30 and it was just nice.

Well… as I suspected, with the added power, the MEMS-3S really flourished. The sound was warm, dense, layered without losing the big soundstage. It was also more forgiving of quality of recordings as I cycled through different songs.

As suspected, the MEMS-3S scales up very nicely. :)

IMG_4338.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back