Soranik Audio Discussion
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Panohm

100+ Head-Fier
Soranik Audio

An IEM company from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, founded by two audiophiles in 2012, initially focused on Vietnam and Southeast Asia. Despite operating largely under the radar internationally, they offer unique designs and reshelling services.

I became intrigued by the brand when I came across their Soranik ION universal IEM in a Cymbacavum article. The exceptional build quality(Those Titanium Tubes) on the ION piqued my interest, and I've since followed their progress as they continue to innovate their designs with new technologies.

Most notably Soranik were the first to launch a MEMs earphone.
20230725171240_Soranik-diablo-x-scaled-TWeb.jpg

Now they're launching their flagship Mems-3 https://www.soranik.com/product/mems-3s/
377152528_712345677491068_1332626704297296229_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 33
Some quick impressions on my custom fit Mems-3, which is the new flagship earspeaker that will be available in both Universal fit and Custom fit, they are also open back.

For those unfamiliar with Mems speakers, they do require a separate energizer, similar to traditional electrostatic ear speakers from Stax.
Soranik have developed their own energizer for this which is around the size of a deck of cards, this energizer has a 4.4mm input and output and can only be used with mems ear speakers, it is included in the cost of the Mems-3.

On the ear speaker side of things, they were able to retain usage of 2-pin removable cables so I'll be doing some cable rolling once I get home.

Listening has mostly been through these three chains as I'm currently away from my main rig:
MacBook Pro -> Questyle M15 -> Mems-3.
Sony WM1Z -> Mems-3.
Sony WM1Z -> Mass Kobo 475 -> Mems-3.

Overall these are extremely technically proficient while being competently tuned, no sharp peaks or strange fr tricks to give the illusion of greater resolution.

What I love about these is they have a pleasant reverberant quality, decay and overall presentation is similar to some open back planar headphones and reminds me a bit of the HD800 in it's airiness(not sure if it's due to the mems drivers or the open back design or both).
Treble is well extended and has this electrostatic-esque "trill" or reverb to it, vocals sound natural and clear even in busy tracks. There is quite a bit of bass and many people who tried the prototype commented how well it slammed, it has this growling quality to it that I enjoy and reminds me of well driven planars on certain electronic tracks.
The texture and decay are really enjoyable, I keep expecting to be fatigued by the level of detail but it's somehow just shy of fatiguing.

What I'm less a fan of:
It's open back!, isolation isn't the first class focus here though it's not bad.
The tiny elephant in the room, the energizer; I don't mind carrying yet another device but it isn't the most convenient thing and I've run in to a problem where I'll hear a bit of noise when it's powered on and the questyle m15 isn't playing music(I think this is due to the questyle auto switching off).
My main feedback to other audiophiles was that this was what I wanted the Audeze IEMs to be; a portable full-sized headphone reminiscent experience.

Excited for other peoples impressions on these :)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 33
Some quick impressions on my custom fit Mems-3, which is the new flagship earspeaker that will be available in both Universal fit and Custom fit, they are also open back.

For those unfamiliar with Mems speakers, they do require a separate energizer, similar to traditional electrostatic ear speakers from Stax.
Soranik have developed their own energizer for this which is around the size of a deck of cards, this energizer has a 4.4mm input and output and can only be used with mems ear speakers, it is included in the cost of the Mems-3.

On the ear speaker side of things, they were able to retain usage of 2-pin removable cables so I'll be doing some cable rolling once I get home.

Listening has mostly been through these three chains as I'm currently away from my main rig:
MacBook Pro -> Questyle M15 -> Mems-3.
Sony WM1Z -> Mems-3.
Sony WM1Z -> Mass Kobo 475 -> Mems-3.

Overall these are extremely technically proficient while being competently tuned, no sharp peaks or strange fr tricks to give the illusion of greater resolution.

What I love about these is they have a pleasant reverberant quality, decay and overall presentation is similar to some open back planar headphones and reminds me a bit of the HD800 in it's airiness(not sure if it's due to the mems drivers or the open back design or both).
Treble is well extended and has this electrostatic-esque "trill" or reverb to it, vocals sound natural and clear even in busy tracks. There is quite a bit of bass and many people who tried the prototype commented how well it slammed, it has this growling quality to it that I enjoy and reminds me of well driven planars on certain electronic tracks.
The texture and decay are really enjoyable, I keep expecting to be fatigued by the level of detail but it's somehow just shy of fatiguing.

What I'm less a fan of:
It's open back!, isolation isn't the first class focus here though it's not bad.
The tiny elephant in the room, the energizer; I don't mind carrying yet another device but it isn't the most convenient thing and I've run in to a problem where I'll hear a bit of noise when it's powered on and the questyle m15 isn't playing music(I think this is due to the questyle auto switching off).
My main feedback to other audiophiles was that this was what I wanted the Audeze IEMs to be; a portable full-sized headphone reminiscent experience.

Excited for other peoples impressions on these :)
I have the universal version. What I can say is they does not go well with dongle, the only dongle that I've tested without any issue is Cayin RU7. Now I'm using Shanling H5 with Mems-3 for portable use, and it work wonder.
The bass sometime might be too much to handle but overall verry good set.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 33
I have the universal version. What I can say is they does not go well with dongle, the only dongle that I've tested without any issue is Cayin RU7. Now I'm using Shanling H5 with Mems-3 for portable use, and it work wonder.
The bass sometime might be too much to handle but overall verry good set.
I’ll have to give the Cayin a try, perhaps something like the Dita navigator might work as well, I really enjoyed that with the subtonic storm when I heard it.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 33
Couple size comparisons with the energizer, I hope we can get something dongle sized in the future. I do like that the current energizer just takes an 18650 battery though.

I have 2 version, one is the previous mems-3s and the new one, the older one is less bass more treble, it reminds me of annihilater. And the newest version is well ton of bass. The energizer pair well with portable dac/amp with high power output. I found out they react very well with sufficient voltage, with output power from 4-5vrms give or take sound better. I’m still trying to get my hand on some good tube amp to see the results. Further testing is required.

Attachments

• IMG_5361.jpeg
    IMG_5361.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 33
Cool photos! The Mass Kobo pairing looks interesting, I'd love to try the combo one day. :)

One of the challenges we faced during the research and development process was designing a suitable energizer. There are several concepts available, but they were either too bulky or power insufficient. We also had to decide which lithium battery to use, as that would determine the form factor of the chassis and layout. We went through more than a dozen prototypes before settling on this design. It's easy to replace, easy to source, and provides plenty of power.

A dongle-sized energizer is being considered as well since many people have requested it, but there are still some technical issues we need to address first.

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #9 of 33
Cool photos! The Mass Kobo pairing looks interesting, I'd love to try the combo one day. :)

One of the challenges we faced during the research and development process was designing a suitable energizer. There are several concepts available, but they were either too bulky or power insufficient. We also had to decide which lithium battery to use, as that would determine the form factor of the chassis and layout. We went through more than a dozen prototypes before settling on this design. It's easy to replace, easy to source, and provides plenty of power.

A dongle-sized energizer is being considered as well since many people have requested it, but there are still some technical issues we need to address first.
It’s amazing to see a Vietnamese boutique at the cutting edge of IEM technology. Best of lucks with R&D and growth

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #10 of 33

Hi there! I was able to hear a prototype of the Mems-3 and I really enjoyed it. Is it commercially available now, and if not, is there a target date for release?

Thanks!

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #11 of 33

Please make energizer that easy to replace battery like 18650 or 21700!!

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 33
Hi there! I was able to hear a prototype of the Mems-3 and I really enjoyed it. Is it commercially available now, and if not, is there a target date for release?

Thanks!
Glad to hear you liked it! The web page for purchasing will be available this weekend as we will be launching it at Canjam Singapore next week!

There will also be a seminar about MEMS and their technological challenges on the 2nd day :)

It’s amazing to see a Vietnamese boutique at the cutting edge of IEM technology. Best of lucks with R&D and growth

Cheers! Nice to see another fellow Vietnamese here!

Please make energizer that easy to replace battery like 18650 or 21700!!

The current energizer is using 1x 18650 for powering. Replacing is as easy as swapping AAA's!

Mar 30, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #14 of 33
I really like the faceplates on this IEMs but kinda feel the energizer going to be polarizing for those who don't want another box to carry around.

Will definitely try this out at the upcoming CanJam SG.
Thanks for the impressions @Panohm ^^

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Mar 31, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #15 of 33

Thanks!
How much it cost Mems 3 include energizer?

Please refer to our website for more information, it's live :)

I really like the faceplates on this IEMs but kinda feel the energizer going to be polarizing for those who don't want another box to carry around.

Will definitely try this out at the upcoming CanJam SG.
Thanks for the impressions @Panohm ^^

The energizer is quite inconvenient indeed if portability is the priority, though a bigger pouch might solve the problem. I myself usually strap the energizer to the back of my phone for streaming while out and about.

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back