Soranik Audio Discussion
Apr 29, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #31 of 33
Thanks Kiats for the detailed impressions (and Steve too!). Indeed the MEMS speakers benefit a lot from additional power. The Onix with its balanced output of 5W @ 32Ohm is far more powerful than the little AP0, hence your impression of more flourished signature :)

Back at Canjam Singapore I had a seminar about MEMS and their characteristics, which would explain why MEMS speakers scale a lot with different sources. Let me see if I can reuse it over here.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #32 of 33
Thanks Kiats for the detailed impressions (and Steve too!). Indeed the MEMS speakers benefit a lot from additional power. The Onix with its balanced output of 5W @ 32Ohm is far more powerful than the little AP0, hence your impression of more flourished signature :)

Back at Canjam Singapore I had a seminar about MEMS and their characteristics, which would explain why MEMS speakers scale a lot with different sources. Let me see if I can reuse it over here.
Yeah... It really scaled up wonderfully with the Unix Miracle. :) I suspect that this definitely one of the direction in which the development of any future energizer can take. Because the sound quality was really stunning.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #33 of 33

Please do share! I missed that seminar (because I didn’t go to canjam 😂). I’ve always been curious about that “scaling” characteristic and how one can engineer to make that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back