Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #377 of 9,173
I really hope they isolate better than D7000.

Both have vented designs. I doubt this will be much better.
The only "high end" (and I quote high end because of the price. I would never call them such) headphones I've tried that isolated were the Ultrasone Ed8 (very v shaped) and Beyer T5p (overall harsh and bad)
Owning the W3000anv, TH900 and others I just don't feel like isolation is a huge issue for them xp
Though with a pad change the W3000anv actually has very good isolation and better response. I'd love to get my hands on some Fostex pads for them since angled pads suck on them

As for rumors I believe we're looking at a new Sennheiser flagship most likely in the electrostatic domain
Nomax quoted over 2k so good luck convincing your SOs xP start early.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #378 of 9,173
Those pads look just right for the d7k...:)

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #381 of 9,173
NO why?its my Hobby since 17 years!

REGARDS NOMAX

How come you get to know early info about the Sony flagship and we don't?
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #382 of 9,173
As for rumors I believe we're looking at a new Sennheiser flagship most likely in the electrostatic domain
Nomax quoted over 2k so good luck convincing your SOs xP start early.

Hmm,  here I thought he was referring to a Sony model priced over 2k.
confused.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #383 of 9,173
All i can say to everyone the Z7 is okay in value

Keep your eyes open 2015 will be very very expensiv and for all Guys who Loves REAL FLAGSHIP's Save your MONEY

Sorry my english is to Bad

Regards NOMAX

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #384 of 9,173
Does the Z7 leak a lot of sound through those vents?

Can these be used at the office without disturbing my coworkers?

isn't the H3 also a dynamic + 2 BA? What's different about the Z5?

The Z5 has been improved in every way apparently. Sony coated the dynamic driver with aluminium this time for better speed, they also changed the BA drivers to a more mechanically rigid design, and also coated the BA driver with magnesium for better extension.
Sounds like they are trying to make a beast.

This video explains it all: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdpYCIbVHAU

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #385 of 9,173
The Alm-Öhi speaks again!

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #386 of 9,173
The Z5 has been improved in every way apparently. Sony coated the dynamic driver with aluminium this time for better speed, they also changed the BA drivers to a more mechanically rigid design, and also coated the BA driver with magnesium for better extension.
Sounds like they are trying to make a beast.

This video explains it all: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdpYCIbVHAU

Ah thanks for the explanation. I will watch the video when I'm home. I just wish Sony would stop making them stick out of th ear like that. That look is just so...

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #388 of 9,173
M-13 said:
G the
Ah thanks for the explanation. I will watch the video when I'm home. I just wish Sony would stop making them stick out of th ear like that. That look is just so...

Well thankfully the Z5 is smaller than the h3 and they also designed it to be worn angled back rather than right out like the h3, its all in the video. Actually the reason i never bought the h3 is i dont dig the frankenstein look, but looks like they tried to fix that in z5 so im game this time, will be getting the z5 and z7 both, and if sony are releasing a 2k flagship i will get that too, but if its a sennheiser flagship then i'll pass lol.

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #389 of 9,173
Those pads look just right for the d7k...:)

Yep, they look like Denon pads with more plushness................me like.

Any idea when the Z7 will be available commercially in the USA?  Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back