Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Dec 9, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #9,317 of 9,686
Annoyingly, my Z1R is supposed to be delivered on the day I have to leave for a business trip, and I have to leave earlier in the day than the courier does deliveries. I had placed the order with the dealer over the phone and I should have asked for expedited shipping. I had been hoping to bring it along on the trip (no air travel on this one) to get a few days of exclusive listening time. Hopefully the courier pulls through and gets them to me a day earlier. Otherwise, I'll have to tell them to hold the package and I'll pick it up when I return from my trip. Something to look forward to I suppose :)

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #9,318 of 9,686
Annoyingly, my Z1R is supposed to be delivered on the day I have to leave for a business trip, and I have to leave earlier in the day than the courier does deliveries. I had placed the order with the dealer over the phone and I should have asked for expedited shipping. I had been hoping to bring it along on the trip (no air travel on this one) to get a few days of exclusive listening time. Hopefully the courier pulls through and gets them to me a day earlier. Otherwise, I'll have to tell them to hold the package and I'll pick it up when I return from my trip. Something to look forward to I suppose :)
Something similar happened to me in 2016 when i ordered my WM1A and it came when i was flying to hamburg

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #9,319 of 9,686
I placed my order yesterday and today have the guys at lavricables confirmed my order is complete... wow thats speedy, versus DHC crazy 13 weeks

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #9,321 of 9,686
I placed my order yesterday and today have the guys at lavricables confirmed my order is complete... wow thats speedy, versus DHC crazy 13 weeks
But there is a huge difference in quality. DHC uses OCC copper or silver and Lavri doesn't.

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #9,322 of 9,686
Silver versus copper? Seriously, don't worry about it, they are both audibly transparent.

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #9,323 of 9,686
To be fair, the Z1R has a particular treble profile on which I found that the cable makes a difference. Of course, it all depends on your system, the particular cable, etc.

Dec 10, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #9,325 of 9,686
Hopefully he will not get affected by the volcano. They seem to have big problems there because of it.
The volcano is in Iceland which is a very long way away

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #9,328 of 9,686
Dec 10, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #9,329 of 9,686
Are parts easily available for the Z1R , earpads etc?
I still looking where I can demo them. Thrilled to hear the deep bass everyone is talking about, micro details, instrument separation and soundstage.

Original earpads are available at about $200 a pair. Expensive. Dekoni is cheaper. But really not convinced it changes the sound for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back