Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Jul 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,226 of 3,257
Sorry about your misfortune man. You may want to contact Sony and see if anything can be done. Warranty is super short on these but doesn't hurt to try.

I guess that's the nice thing about living in Europe, we get two years, no exceptions. I've contacted the service centre and they can check/repair/replace them, so that's something at least!

Jul 9, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #3,227 of 3,257
Crazy question a bit but...anyone know of any CIEM that sounds like the XBA-H3?

I had put aside my H3 for a while because they're not the most comfortable for me. But coming back to them recently made me realize how much I love the sound. I've tested for extended periods some higher end stuff that costs multiple times as much as the XBA-H3 and none of these fancy K10s and SE846s and what not came anywhere near the sound of the XBA-H3 for me. But there's that weird fit issue... If I can jam the H3 in, they'll stay... maybe, but not always.

Some CIEM manufacturers make hybrid dynamic/balanced CIEMs, but that doesn't mean they'll sound anywhere near like an H3 if they're tuned differently. I don't mind purely balanced armatures and I'm not a fan of the driver count obsession. 
But I'd love to find a CIEM that sounds like an H3.

Any suggestions?

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,228 of 3,257
  Crazy question a bit but...anyone know of any CIEM that sounds like the XBA-H3?

I had put aside my H3 for a while because they're not the most comfortable for me. But coming back to them recently made me realize how much I love the sound. I've tested for extended periods some higher end stuff that costs multiple times as much as the XBA-H3 and none of these fancy K10s and SE846s and what not came anywhere near the sound of the XBA-H3 for me. But there's that weird fit issue... If I can jam the H3 in, they'll stay... maybe, but not always.

Some CIEM manufacturers make hybrid dynamic/balanced CIEMs, but that doesn't mean they'll sound anywhere near like an H3 if they're tuned differently. I don't mind purely balanced armatures and I'm not a fan of the driver count obsession. 
But I'd love to find a CIEM that sounds like an H3.

Any suggestions?

why not try the XBA-A3 tho only sold in asia

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3,230 of 3,257
Can anyone comment on how these do with electronic music? I'd like something with big bass and bright treble, and I especially value imaging and instrument separation, so I figured these being hybrid with the dedicated tweeter, they might be right for me. I'm more interested in abstract electronic music (stuff like Autechre, Plastikman, Burial) rather than EDM or hip-hop, and I don't really need them to be great with other kinds of music.

If anyone has any other recommendations for that kind of sound that would be great as well, thanks!

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,231 of 3,257
Can anyone comment on how these do with electronic music? I'd like something with big bass and bright treble, and I especially value imaging and instrument separation, so I figured these being hybrid with the dedicated tweeter, they might be right for me. I'm more interested in abstract electronic music (stuff like Autechre, Plastikman, Burial) rather than EDM or hip-hop, and I don't really need them to be great with other kinds of music.

If anyone has any other recommendations for that kind of sound that would be great as well, thanks!

The H3/A3 should be right up your alley. Buy with confidence :)

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,233 of 3,257

These are right up your alley. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #3,234 of 3,257
Has anyone actually had an XBA-H3 (or any other complex Sony IEM) repaired? Not the cabling, the actual internals?

I sent mine in for service under warranty a few days back. I wonder if they are actually repairable or if they will just be replaced / refunded.

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #3,235 of 3,257
  Has anyone actually had an XBA-H3 (or any other complex Sony IEM) repaired? Not the cabling, the actual internals?

I sent mine in for service under warranty a few days back. I wonder if they are actually repairable or if they will just be replaced / refunded.

What i have read in the XBA-Z5 forum is that sony will not repair them, they will send sned you a new one (in this case perhaps an XBA-A3)

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,236 of 3,257

What i have read in the XBA-Z5 forum is that sony will not repair them, they will send sned you a new one (in this case perhaps an XBA-A3)

Interesting. I wonder what's going to happen then considering the XBA-H3 is no longer available in Belgium, the XBA-A3 never made it here and the new one announced at IFA won't exactly be available in the next few weeks...

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #3,237 of 3,257

Interesting. I wonder what's going to happen then considering the XBA-H3 is no longer available in Belgium, the XBA-A3 never made it here and the new one announced at IFA won't exactly be available in the next few weeks...

I had to import my A3 from Hong kong to mexico, not a big deal as customs in MX are very lax, only look for valuables to steal or drugs i have never been charged any tax import duty

I have already imported my XBA-Z5 hope they are fine as in this case they have "warranty" under AJ and have to pay two way shipping fees

I had to send my walkman ZX100 for warranty to HK and the shpping total was like 110 USD about 1200 MXN

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,238 of 3,257
I had the XBA-H3 i bought them in Germany in 2014, then got the XBA-A3 in 2015 and now in 2016 i got the XBA-Z5 (becaue metal housing).

None of these IEMS mentioned were avialable in mexico till now, in fact none of the ZX walkmas no-show in mexico, sony mexico sucks big time when it comes to selling the latest tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back