Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 23, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #76 of 326
The XBA-A3 never had much coverage in Head-Fi bcos of the Z5 I suspect, but now I think I should've given the A3 a chance.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #77 of 326

Depends on what you're looking for. A2 seems like a bassy, warm and more refined H3 (which I hope solved the bass bleeding into mids problem), but I haven't listened to it yet.
I've had the IM03 and sold it off. It is good, quite balanced, not as bassy as H3, mids are flat and treble is extended but smoothed out. Soundstage not that wide/deep though. A good all-rounder.
The IM02 won't be what you want if you want the Sony warm sound haha. It's more emphasised in the mids while lacking bass.
Heard the IM02 only once, preferred the IM03, then sold that for the CKR9 which I feel is the best ATH earphone currently. Cheaper too.

All said and done I'm still awaiting more impressions of the XBA-300.

A2 is the best bang/buck. its got the right amount of warmth, bass slam, soundstage, detail. mids are neutral and the highs are non fatiguing. a2 is the dark horse among the others

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #78 of 326
  The XBA-A3 never had much coverage in Head-Fi bcos of the Z5 I suspect, but now I think I should've given the A3 a chance.

Yes it is overshadowed by the Z5 but I preferred the A3 by a fair margin. Z5 is really bass heavy and a bit dark. A3 distributes the energy across the spectrum in a more pleasing way. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #80 of 326
Is this XBA-300 a worthy upgrade over the ATH-IM02?

How's the comfort level of the XBA-300? Are they worn straight down or over the ear type?

I heard the XBA-300 and compared to the IM02 they have better low and high extension. The bass is surprisingly solid and punchy, and just a bit more defined than IM02's bass. The mids took a step back and are not as forward as IM02, vocals sound a little thin in comparison. Treble is crisp and very clear, an improvement over IM02 I think. Overall they are slightly more refined and cleaner sounding, resulting in clearer instrument separation and imaging. Detail-wise they seem to be on the same level. The XBA-300 is definitely more balanced, but by going from IM02 to XBA-300 you lose the AT coloration that many people love.

They are very comfortable and light, pretty much disappeared in my ears while I was listening to them. They are worn straight down, didn't try to see if they work over-ear.

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #81 of 326
  I heard the XBA-300 and compared to the IM02 they have better low and high extension. The bass is surprisingly solid and punchy, and just a bit more defined than IM02's bass. The mids took a step back and are not as forward as IM02, vocals sound a little thin in comparison. Treble is crisp and very clear, an improvement over IM02 I think. Overall they are slightly more refined and cleaner sounding, resulting in clearer instrument separation and imaging. Detail-wise they seem to be on the same level. The XBA-300 is definitely more balanced, but by going from IM02 to XBA-300 you lose the AT coloration that many people love.

They are very comfortable and light, pretty much disappeared in my ears while I was listening to them. They are worn straight down, didn't try to see if they work over-ear.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to get either the XBA-A2 or the XBA-300  :)  Thanks for the info!

How would you guys rate THOSE TWO as compared and contrasted with one another in all different aspects, as opposed to that comparison there of the IM02 and XBA-300?  And how well do each of them isolate (the XBA-300 and the A2).  I assume the XBA-300 isolates better, but how MUCH better, and is it more comfortable?  How about the comparative build-quality?

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #83 of 326
Hi, I'm based in Chandigarh, India. I have been reading a lot about Sony xba A3, A300 and Z5. Can you please suggest which would be a better buy from price/value ratio.

Also can any Indian Xba A3, A300 or Z5 owner let me know how did they managed to get their hands on these iems as I'm unable to find them on eBay.in or amazon.in or any other website. Please help!

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #84 of 326
Hi, I'm based in Chandigarh, India. I have been reading a lot about Sony xba A3, A300 and Z5. Can you please suggest which would be a better buy from price/value ratio.

Also can any Indian Xba A3, A300 or Z5 owner let me know how did they managed to get their hands on these iems as I'm unable to find them on eBay.in or amazon.in or any other website. Please help!

I got mine froom amazon.com (global/USA) took 15 days to be elivered from Japan (3rd party seller on amazon marketplace) to Mexico

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #89 of 326
How much these actually costed you?

I checked the price for A3 and A300 on Amazon Japan and these are priced at 31500 and 30000 yen respectively (I thought A300 would be costlier). Any idea about importing them to India?

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #90 of 326
  he means he bought it from amazon.com but the seller is from Japan, probably this link? http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBA-300AP--Earphone-International-English/dp/B016MJJ3UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445837463&sr=8-1&keywords=xba-300

Okay, thanks. I misunderstood him 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back