SONY PFRV1 Personal Field Speaker Headphones on ebay. Low price.
Mar 1, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 67
I was considering them at one point, but in the end I decided against it. True reviews are scarce, and those that I could find had mixed opinions.

If anyone picks these up, make sure to give a review, or at least some impressions!

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #7 of 67
They are so innovative that they deserve a try !
I pm-ed one user who own pfr and he said that detail is on pair with hd 600 but they really lack mid bass and low extension.
Wonder if there is some kind of mod for this kind of issue!? If there is solution I would buy them for sure.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 67
I have these and i'm really quite surprised at how well they perform. You do need a good source. But with a good source the sound is really... transparent and clear. I'm not yet ready to make a review... because i just don't have the time, but they are really worth the effort.

as far as bass. They don't lack any more bass than the sleek audio sa-6 iem. However, compared to a sony ex-71 they do lack bass considerably (but let's face it, those earbuds sound like crap)

As for a mod with foams. It isn't a mod, sony supplies a pair of foams for over the bass extension tube.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 67
sony-v1-hands-on-ryan.jpg

there is a mod, but pics are gone: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/son...v1-mod-354523/

it was also discussed on an asian blog.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 67
My major deterrent is my Minipod + Icon setup. Lacking in the subwoofer bass, maybe, but that's where my first investment would go. Though that'd be a lot more than the $250 PFR-V1 here.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #12 of 67
lol those look so much like a torture instrument

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 67
I picked them up for fun - they sound pretty good and envelop in a way that is totally unique among headphones (save the K1000), but if they're not sitting properly they feel like a medieval torture device.

On a broader note, though, I think it's awesome that a big company like Sony finds room to be so innovative with one of its products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back