Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Aug 10, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #7,021 of 7,711
Aug 10, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #7,022 of 7,711
^based on his photo it's a hi-res file he was playing but anyway battery life s*ck when you are playing full hi-res files all the time so it's expected..if you have a bit of low-res and hi-res then battery life may vary..i just wished the ZX1 got the stamina of a A15/17..but that's like saying unicorns do exist especially with Android playing a huge part on the battery drain issue not the device's fault..

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #7,023 of 7,711
Are you mainly playing HighRes?

It's a mix of FLAC, WAV and 320kbps mp3 files. I just wish it had more juice to deliver because I need to recharge everyday. Lasts about 12-15 hours of continuous play.

I did a reset. Without feeding my google account info. Cut off the wifi. Set all sound settings to off. Stopped services too. But still.

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #7,024 of 7,711
^based on his photo it's a hi-res file he was playing but anyway battery life s*ck when you are playing full hi-res files all the time so it's expected..if you have a bit of low-res and hi-res then battery life may vary..i just wished the ZX1 got the stamina of a A15/17..but that's like saying unicorns do exist especially with Android playing a huge part on the battery drain issue not the device's fault..

It's a mix of FLAC, WAV and 320kbps mp3 files. I just wish it had more juice to deliver because I need to recharge everyday. Lasts about 12-15 hours of continuous play.

I did a reset. Without feeding my google account info. Cut off the wifi. Set all sound settings to off. Stopped services too. But still.

Yeah, I needed the charging cradle because most of my files are the worst case scenario; high res aiff files. That brings down the run time to about 4 to 5 hours!

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #7,025 of 7,711
I stripped down every service. No sound enhancements. No wi fi. And a bunch of other features. This is the best I could get at 10% charge from full charge. Earphone used - Final Audio FI-BA-SB.

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #7,027 of 7,711
Sony's ideal measurements probably assumes we won't be checking every hour to see how much battery is left. But seriously, folks, owners of other DAPS don't even get half of what we get.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #7,028 of 7,711
Sony's ideal measurements probably assumes we won't be checking every hour to see how much battery is left. But seriously, folks, owners of other DAPS don't even get half of what we get.
9 hours tops on the M2... If I could get the SQ of the M2 with the battery life of the ZX1 (or more so the ZX2) it would be like all of my Christmases coming at once :)

Be thankful of the life you get!!

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #7,031 of 7,711
9 hours tops on the M2... If I could get the SQ of the M2 with the battery life of the ZX1 (or more so the ZX2) it would be like all of my Christmases coming at once
smily_headphones1.gif

Be thankful of the life you get!!

But ZX2 has lot better battery life. What did they do ? It looks like a huge leap.

I bought ZX1 because I didn't want to experience the abysmal battery life problem.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #7,032 of 7,711
I assume it is optimisation to the S-Master? It does baffle me how much extra life the ZX2 can squeeze!

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #7,033 of 7,711
I assume it is optimisation to the S-Master? It does baffle me how much extra life the ZX2 can squeeze!

Didn't they simply install a much larger battery?

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #7,035 of 7,711
Which one is the M2? 
Not familiar with all daps. 

I have zx1 currently. 
Acoustic Research M2... Selling point (especially coming from Sony DAPs) is that it has a headphone amp dedicated topology built into the device (as to say it has a headphone amp inside is redundant as it wouldn't make noise otherwise!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back