Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #6,931 of 7,711
  Now that SSD drives are so cheap, (USD99 for 250 GB), does anyone know whether there is some way to connect and use this with the ZX-1?

I like how you think! 

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #6,934 of 7,711
^^ wouldnt adding something that route drain the ZX1 even more?
they make sd card adapters that plug directly into the walkman port for playing music.

It will make the battery drain faster but I'm curious as to the technical feasibility. Imagine adding a 1TB or 2TB HDD as prices drop even more. As for the SD card adapter that plugs into the WM port, can you elaborate please? Thanks.

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #6,935 of 7,711
hello, i just purchased the ZX1 today, could not resist..anyway, anyone knows where i could purchase a leather case for this? could not find one for it and saw this image on Google, any links? im located in Australia hope the seller could also ship here..looking for a case like this but in black...thanks..

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #6,936 of 7,711
hello, i just purchased the ZX1 today, could not resist..anyway, anyone knows where i could purchase a leather case for this? could not find one for it and saw this image on Google, any links? im located in Australia hope the seller could also ship here..looking for a case like this but in black...thanks..

That's the Dignis case from S. Korea:

http://www.amazon.com/Dignis-CANAS-Leather-NWZ-ZX1-Black/dp/B00LC0H8DE/ref=pd_sxp_redirect/192-2159645-7571002

I'm not sure if they make it any more.

There's also Rayout, but their's is a leather flip case:

http://www.amazon.com/Rayout-Leather-Jacket-WALKMAN-RT-SZX1LC2/dp/B00J86CDW0

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #6,937 of 7,711
Jun 17, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #6,938 of 7,711
thanks, will check it out..too bad i like that dignis case..

I used the Dignis case while I had the ZX1. I quite liked it. The leather quality was high and the design helped to mitigate the, oh, how should I say...the "humpiness" of the back of the ZX1. If you can find it anywhere, I'd definitely recommend it.

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #6,939 of 7,711
I used the Dignis case while I had the ZX1. I quite liked it. The leather quality was high and the design helped to mitigate the, oh, how should I say...the "humpiness" of the back of the ZX1. If you can find it anywhere, I'd definitely recommend it.
thank you, i really like the look on the leather by Dignis, compliments the ZX1 very well imo..

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #6,940 of 7,711
Sorry, there should have been a 'should' after they. i'm suprised that there are no official adapters that increase storage on daps, but we can use external hdd on laptops and computers.

BTW, how ate you enjoying the ZX1? I dont fond any nice cases that show the beauty of it. all the cases covers its shine and beauty. seeing the same thing for ZX2 cases too.
sony came out with a great transparent case for Z walkman.
It will make the battery drain faster but I'm curious as to the technical feasibility. Imagine adding a 1TB or 2TB HDD as prices drop even more. As for the SD card adapter that plugs into the WM port, can you elaborate please? Thanks.

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #6,941 of 7,711
@audiobreeder - I use the Rayout case as in post #6936 above

Jun 17, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #6,942 of 7,711
I use a black cheapy silicone case on mine and despise it. all tge other cases I see available look 'girlie' IMO and hides the beauty.
you see the ipod cases look perfect on an ipod esp. some of the armor cases. but I just feel the cases for the ZX walkmans are not sufficient.
@audiobreeder - I use the Rayout case as in post #6936 above

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #6,943 of 7,711
I use a black cheapy silicone case on mine and despise it. all tge other cases I see available look 'girlie' IMO and hides the beauty.
you see the ipod cases look perfect on an ipod esp. some of the armor cases. but I just feel the cases for the ZX walkmans are not sufficient.

my grey cruzerlite case looks better than the black colour IMO and adds grip and weight, i dont think this is "girlie" looking case..anyway, wish dignis still make the Canas case for ZX1..

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #6,944 of 7,711

my grey cruzerlite case looks better than the black colour IMO and adds grip and weight, i dont think this is "girlie" looking case..anyway, wish dignis still make the Canas case for ZX1..

although mine is for the ZX2, I have the same brand and it's smoke color, looks better than the black.

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #6,945 of 7,711
although mine is for the ZX2, I have the same brand and it's smoke color, looks better than the black.
i prefer black on black but for ZX2 and smoke colour cruzerlite i find it attractive with the all black ZX2, wish my ZX1 is black tho..but still, both devices looks sexy IMO, especially using it bare..if only it's built to withstand a Tank and nuclear blast then i would happily use either zx1 or zx2 as is..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back