Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Oct 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #571 of 7,711
Well, i tried almost every dap in the market from fiiox3, dx50, ak100 and cowon x9 but still coming back from the old iron signature of my sony xseries. Im not a sony fan boy in any ways but after some failures after failure stint in search of a better dap, I think its time for me to focus on sony. I really dont know what kind of preference i was looking for a dap but when i use my x series along with portaphile627x my setting are; clear bass2 sometimes3, with all the features on (dynamics, dsee etc...) svt is none but i tweak the equalizer a little bit --_-= minus one on mid and +1 on high using my wr4 and lcd2. And yet i felt like im missing something i know my portaphile627 is good at all after a/b it with my previous amp like cmoybb, headstage arrow, uha4 and glacier. Suggestions are all welcome. I want my bass real deep, controlled, clear but not reverb(port627 is very good in transforming this aspect but i know i can achieve it with a better source or iem.) mid needs to be natural with a hint of shure425 vocal but a little bit laid type and high needs to be a little bit on bright or cold side with a touch of clear layering and yet not sparkly. Ak100, dx50 and fiiox3 had all in common sound signature imo. Note that im no audiophile in anyways thats why i cant stand these daps, they lack in impact and fun... No bass, thin mids but very good highs but everytime i tweaks something on the eq. Everything blows out again. Perhaps im a bass head lol! Or maybe i need a better iems too, im actually eyeing for shure 846 or um merlin. Man... I hate the day i went to this forum. If i could nailed this one i promise i would never ever look back again.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #572 of 7,711
Something's fishy there...
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #574 of 7,711
Not sure but I don't see why not.  The ZX1 is their new flagship so it will make sense to have the best features out of the line up.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #577 of 7,711
  Do you guys know where i can pre order the 64gb F886 or better still do you know if the 32gb version will take USG OTG ?

Not sure about pre orders or that the 64gb model will even be sold in the UK or the US. though I have seen the F887 (the 64gb of the F880 series) for sale through a few Japanese vendors on Ebay already,but it seems that they are charging roughly $540 which is $130 above what you would pay for it if you lived in Japan (which from what I'd read on various blogs and forums online was around $410)

I can understand the sellers wanting to make some come up on their end,but that mark up is just a bit too high for me.but maybe not for others.Hopefully they will show up through some of the Amazon Japanese vendors soon who don't usually charge such exorbitant prices.

as far as USB OTG I'm afraid I have no experience with those,hopefully DrSheep or someone else here in the forum has the answer to that.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.XSony+F887&_nkw=Sony+F887&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #578 of 7,711
Well, i tried almost every dap in the market from fiiox3, dx50, ak100 and cowon x9 but still coming back from the old iron signature of my sony xseries. Im not a sony fan boy in any ways but after some failures after failure stint in search of a better dap, I think its time for me to focus on sony. I really dont know what kind of preference i was looking for a dap but when i use my x series along with portaphile627x my setting are; clear bass2 sometimes3, with all the features on (dynamics, dsee etc...) svt is none but i tweak the equalizer a little bit --_-= minus one on mid and +1 on high using my wr4 and lcd2. And yet i felt like im missing something i know my portaphile627 is good at all after a/b it with my previous amp like cmoybb, headstage arrow, uha4 and glacier. Suggestions are all welcome. I want my bass real deep, controlled, clear but not reverb(port627 is very good in transforming this aspect but i know i can achieve it with a better source or iem.) mid needs to be natural with a hint of shure425 vocal but a little bit laid type and high needs to be a little bit on bright or cold side with a touch of clear layering and yet not sparkly. Ak100, dx50 and fiiox3 had all in common sound signature imo. Note that im no audiophile in anyways thats why i cant stand these daps, they lack in impact and fun... No bass, thin mids but very good highs but everytime i tweaks something on the eq. Everything blows out again. Perhaps im a bass head lol! Or maybe i need a better iems too, im actually eyeing for shure 846 or um merlin. Man... I hate the day i went to this forum. If i could nailed this one i promise i would never ever look back again.

It's great that you have found the one for you but EQ (sound processing) and an amp isn't for everybody.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #579 of 7,711
  Not sure about pre orders or that the 64gb model will even be sold in the UK or the US. though I have seen the F887 (the 64gb of the F880 series) for sale through a few Japanese vendors on Ebay already,but it seems that they are charging roughly $540 which is $130 above what you would pay for it if you lived in Japan (which from what I'd read on various blogs and forums online was around $410)

I can understand the sellers wanting to make some come up on their end,but that mark up is just a bit too high for me.but maybe not for others.Hopefully they will show up through some of the Amazon Japanese vendors soon who don't usually charge such exorbitant prices.

as far as USB OTG I'm afraid I have no experience with those,hopefully DrSheep or someone else here in the forum has the answer to that.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.XSony+F887&_nkw=Sony+F887&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Thanks 

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #581 of 7,711
Perhaps he's just fishing for compliments . . .

Now you're just baiting him!
tongue.gif

That aside, I think this thread has now reached that inevitable stage where the initial excitement, then heated speculation, then a few photographs, etc. have come and gone and now it's just drifting until this device is actually released. It happens to almost all Head-fi threads. I'll look forward to some in-depth user impressions / reviews in due course, but for now, I'm unsubscribing.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #583 of 7,711
Will be interesting to see (well, hear) how this will compare with the current breed of hi-end cellphones (LG G2 and Samsung Note 3) that both offer UHQ (24/192) playback...

Fun times for all things Android :)

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #585 of 7,711
I'm really confused, Are there 2 different version coming out later this year and early 2014?

Also what's so special when compared to F880?
I see both have the same resolution, both have LCD technology and screen size.
Only thing different is the dimensions and weight.

Is it the DAC that separates the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back