Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #2,821 of 7,711

no grinder or blender allowed... to show my support of what you're proposing to do, I'll eat my F887 if the Israelites win the Prem' this year. 

More chance of the Ironmongers been scrapped to the second tier.  

All though I've got a tasty "X" bar now to eat if you feel hungry.  
Or as Mr.T might say, "get some ZX1's" (you crazy fool) 

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #2,822 of 7,711

All though I've got a tasty "X" bar now to eat if you feel hungry.  
Or as Mr.T might say, "get some ZX1's" (you crazy fool) 

No, it's "get some (Roxanne) nuts!"
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,823 of 7,711

No, it's "get some (Roxanne) nuts!"
tongue.gif

Lol.... Bit wary as from the other threads; Roxannes nuts are falling apart, reminds me of when they could not cope with the JH16 release a few years ago. 
Best wait until stampede dies down so the can glue their nuts back together to produce solid nut's. 

Until then maybe "Get some K10's!" ?

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,824 of 7,711
  Lol.... Bit wary as from the other threads; Roxannes nuts are falling apart, reminds me of when they could not cope with the JH16 release a few years ago. 
Best wait until stampede dies down so the can glue their nuts back together to produce solid nut's. 

I knew a Roxanne once who was a bit of a ball-breaker, nut-cracker if you prefer... similarities huh.

hopefully the Irons will get relegated, that'll kill more than two birds much to the delight of the fans... I'm hoping for a tsunami on Wed.

Liked you initial findings on the ZX1, pretty similar thoughts meself though I'll post some of my own soon... keep up the good work old chap.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #2,825 of 7,711
It's official, Sony announced at CES today the ZX1 is definitely coming to the European market. There's strangely no information or mention of the ZX1 on their USA website:

At CES, Sony is demonstrating its High-Resolution Audio family and leading the way in innovation for the industry-wide initiative by unveiling new products including ZX1 Walkman®, SRS-X9 wireless speaker system, High-Res capable PC audio and home speakers andhome cinema systems..

Press releases:

http://presscentre.sony.co.uk/content/detail.aspx?NewsAreaId=21&ReleaseID=9413

http://presscentre.sony.co.uk/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=9347&NewsAreaId=2

Hopefully it won't be afflicted with that volume cap issue that was mentioned a few pages back, as well as gaining that 'expandable' memory feature. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #2,826 of 7,711
By comparison (with the other recent announced flagship product), Sony has really released a well thought out audiophile package in this DAP. I hope to demo again when it is available locally (hopefully not at an obscene mark-up price).

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #2,827 of 7,711
Good Euro news. Expected after the What HiFi preview as the mag absolutely refused to review Oppo BluRays until a UK version was announced so I think they knew.

March is a bit of a wait but will give me time to sort out earphone side of things as previously suggested to me.

With a worldwide release it definitely looks like Sony is serious in getting back to the top in portable audio.

Just a bit impatient after hearing Fortis's ZX1 sound so good. But then part if that was his JH16s and Heirs!

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #2,830 of 7,711

you don't need massively expensive headphones to enjoy the ZX1, something decent will suffice.

Cheer me up, I'm in football mourning at the moment. It always happens to us Gooners when things are going well! Eduardo, Diaby, Ramsey.... now Walcott.

I cant afford JH13/16s which is what I would really like. In case of this Euro stupid ruling, what reasonably priced 'phones would definitely be loud enough?

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #2,832 of 7,711
£549 UK ~~Available from beginning of March. Beginning sounds hopeful! Price about as expected?

What's happened to all the Sony shops, have they disappeared? I just looked on Sony site for local stores, all Currys and Stellisons etc! There was definitely one at Chelmsford last time I visited, and I thought Lakeside or Romford?

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #2,833 of 7,711
if you buy from Price-Japan you'll have another £70 to spend... I'd jump on board pdq because Japan is raising taxes soon.

I can't recommend headphones as I am connected to a CIEM/IEM manufacturer.

*** do you have to bleat on about your footie woes... you'll get no sympathy from me, dry your eyes & man-up.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #2,834 of 7,711
  £549 UK ~~Available from beginning of March. Beginning sounds hopeful! Price about as expected?

What's happened to all the Sony shops, have they disappeared? I just looked on Sony site for local stores, all Currys and Stellisons etc! There was definitely one at Chelmsford last time I visited, and I thought Lakeside or Romford?

Bromley, Kent is about the nearest now... Sony shut most of their stores about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back