SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 20, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,351 of 7,541

what delivery company was that? and was it the full retail value written on the customs label or a lower amount? i'm in the uk too and thinking of going japanese :)

I used price japan and no the full retail value was not written on the customs label....i have had a play with it and the first thing i will say is the blue version is really nice it more an electric blue and it stands out nicely....There is no english menu in the settings folks i had a good look and there is nothing , i expected that so i was not surprised.
  I can say one thing though this version is definitely louder than the the euro version, i would say about 3  to 4 steps louder if i can remember from the old euro version that i had briefly..there is no volume limit on this thats for sure it goes nice and loud love it for that...Listening to some Atrac lossless files and FLACS files with my ATH M50 it sounds really good clear with good detail and nice bass not deep low bass but clean bass.. WOW!! love this player now.. 

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #1,353 of 7,541
  I used price japan and no the full retail value was not written on the customs label....i have had a play with it and the first thing i will say is the blue version is really nice it more an electric blue and it stands out nicely....There is no english menu in the settings folks i had a good look and there is nothing , i expected that so i was not surprised.
  I can say one thing though this version is definitely louder than the the euro version, i would say about 3  to 4 steps louder if i can remember from the old euro version that i had briefly..there is no volume limit on this thats for sure it goes nice and loud love it for that...Listening to some Atrac lossless files and FLACS files with my ATH M50 it sounds really good clear with good detail and nice bass not deep low bass but clean bass.. WOW!! love this player now.. 

Is the menu in Japanese only?  I miss be able to play ATRAC Lossless and NC feature.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,356 of 7,541
  how easy is it to navigate around and adjust settings with only japanese? i guess once you have the player up and running to your spec then the language does not matter

Yep it is pretty easy to navigate all you are going to need is clearbass to be honest ..its easy to see where the menus are plus there are little icons next to them....Listening to the player some more it looks like sony has been meddling with the euro version again, there is a clear difference to my ears between the Japanese version and euro version (japanese version) sounds louder and more dynamic to my ears i could be wrong.
   I no longer have the euro version but there is a difference for sure the euro version sounded dulled down to me... 

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #1,357 of 7,541
  Yep it is pretty easy to navigate all you are going to need is clearbass to be honest ..its easy to see where the menus are plus there are little icons next to them....Listening to the player some more it looks like sony has been meddling with the euro version again, there is a clear difference to my ears between the Japanese version and euro version (japanese version) sounds louder and more dynamic to my ears i could be wrong.
   I no longer have the euro version but there is a difference for sure the euro version sounded dulled down to me... 

I've got the Euro version - A15 and it has a low volume and a less dynamic sound to drive my beyer DT770 250 ohms.
Simple solution is burn it in using pink noise.mp3 - Just completed 30hrs + :result better dynamics and slightly louder.
However, i've ready got a EHP-02 amp for it.

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #1,358 of 7,541

I've got the Euro version - A15 and it has a low volume and a less dynamic sound to drive my beyer DT770 250 ohms.
Simple solution is burn it in using pink noise.mp3 - Just completed 30hrs + :result better dynamics and slightly louder.
However, i've ready got a EHP-02 amp for it.

Ok the jap version sounded good as soon as i took it out of the packaging!!

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #1,360 of 7,541
Nov 22, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #1,362 of 7,541
Getting an A15 tomorrow. What's the best way to format a SD card, what format, etc? Ok to use a Mac?

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #1,363 of 7,541
Nov 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #1,365 of 7,541
I dont really reccomend using mac for formatting unless you are willing to clean up the trashfiles. I never formatted my SD card when I first get my x5 though, its a straight line transfer from the Ak100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back