SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,488 of 7,541
What is the AVG battery life you are getting guys, in the scenario of turning all the stuff rom sony incl. EQ OFF and using mostly FLAC 16/44.1?

The specs say 51 Hrs for L-PCM (WAVE) 16/44.1 so i imagine ist almost the same for flac 16/44, perhpas a little less because it has to decompress it and play it

Question #2, in what file system does the walkman formats the micro SD?

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,489 of 7,541
guys can this drive 32 OHM cans well, to satisfactory loudness, was planning to buy px 90 along with px 100-II?

I know it can drive PX 100 well but not sure about px 90 as I read that can needs more juice...tq

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #1,490 of 7,541
guys can this drive 32 OHM cans well, to satisfactory loudness, was planning to buy px 90 along with px 100-II?

I know it can drive PX 100 well but not sure about px 90 as I read that can needs more juice...tq

It drives my 32ohm Beyerdynamic T51p RIDICULOUSLY loud. My ears can only take 2/3 of max volume (20/30)

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,491 of 7,541
It drives my 32ohm Beyerdynamic T51p RIDICULOUSLY loud. My ears can only take 2/3 of max volume (20/30)

Do you mean DTX 501? Thats great news cos I am eying those as well...I auditioned it with my headphone and sounded rather nice...how does the paring A15/17 and that can work other than loudness can you add a lil more regarding SQ when this sony DAP is paired with DTX 501 can - if that is the one you were refering to...tq

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #1,492 of 7,541

Do you mean DTX 501? Thats great news cos I am eying those as well...I auditioned it with my headphone and sounded rather nice...how does the paring A15/17 and that can work other than loudness can you add a lil more regarding SQ when this sony DAP is paired with DTX 501 can - if that is the one you were refering to...tq

oops I just realized you were not refering to the same cans, but thanks for the info...nice to know loudness won be an issue with 32 ohms and this DAP cos when plugged into my phone 32 ohm cans are not lound enough at max loudness...cheers

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #1,493 of 7,541
from official website:

[Check the volume level] is displayed.

1. An alarm (beep) and a warning [Check the volume level] are used to protect your ears when you turn the volume up to a level that is harmful to your ears for the first time. You can cancel the alarm and warning by pressing any button.
  2. You can turn up the volume after canceling the alarm and warning.
  3. After the initial warning, the alarm and warning repeat for every 20 cumulative hours that the volume is set to a level that is harmful for your ears. When this happens, the volume is turned down automatically.

- ok, so its on purpose. Now, how can i get rid off it? Nothing better, than enjoying song and BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #1,495 of 7,541
My impressions of the A15 so far based on my whole day of listening with 16bit FLACs and 320k mp3 as well as iTunes bought AAC.
Now I read earlier in the pages of this topic that the output impedance of the A15 may make it unsuitable for driving multi driver BAs.  
My files are from Jpop and CantoPop.

First of all, it destroys the iPods. I believe this is the best listening experience I've had since a Fuze v1 + E11. Everything sounds great, the vocals are lush, strums of the guitars, the soundstage everything sounds fantastic. It sounds better than the Walkman Z, the Walkman Z felt like it had a bassy emphasis in comparison to this.

As for the high-res thing, I turned on the DSEE HX for my 16bit FLACs. In my case the difference was negligible in most cases, turning it on seems to make the vocals more vocal lol, more upfront. The only case for me where turning it on made the biggest difference, was for my FLACs ripped from a disc by MISIA, the 16bit FLACs had a bit of crackling whenever it hit the high notes, turned on DSEE HX, and the crackling was substantially reduced but not eliminated. 

Tested it using Yamaha HPH-200, a Ultimate Ears 500 and XBA3. 
Though I later read earlier in the pages of this topic that the XBA3 may be unsuitable for the A15 because of the output impedance, though I suppose I didn't encounter much problems.

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #1,496 of 7,541
  What is the AVG battery life you are getting guys, in the scenario of turning all the stuff rom sony incl. EQ OFF and using mostly FLAC 16/44.1?

The specs say 51 Hrs for L-PCM (WAVE) 16/44.1 so i imagine ist almost the same for flac 16/44, perhpas a little less because it has to decompress it and play it

Question #2, in what file system does the walkman formats the micro SD?

BUMP, BUMP BUMP

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #1,497 of 7,541
I ended up picking up the MDR-1A.  Had the intention of picking up the MDR-1R as it was a good BF deal but the 1A was so much better.  It plays louder, fuller sounding with tighter bass paired with the A17.  Very well matched I thought which may explain the Hi-Res label on both.  At 20/30 volume, it's nice and loud already.  Really impressed right now with this combo.

I'm not sure why there's such a big difference really as they're both rated at 105db sensitivity.  22ohms impedance for the 1A and 40ohms for the 1R. Can this impedance difference make that much of a difference?
The 1A covers the ear better with its thicker pad for a better seal also.  This more likely helps with the better bass and high volume I'm sure. 

Quote:

I will buy those two babies too!, the MDR-1R (because i am giving my curent Ultrasone HFI-780 as xmas Gift to my BF from Germany), and the NWZ-A17 (to replace my dead fiio x3, i'm shocked right now)

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,498 of 7,541

Thanks, sadly sony mexico only sells the MDR-1R, and well they say the 1R is better suited for classical music, of course opinions vary a lot, now i am undecided which color to pick for the NWZ-A17 as they sell it in two clolors (here in Mex, in the US is only silver): blue/teal or black.

Do you know by chance which file system the sony use to format the microSD card, when you format inside the player? (f.e fiio uses FAT32, but MS recommends exFat), the other thing is the user manual states 51Hrs battery life for uncompressed wav 1411Kbps, i assume, FLAC 16/44.1 is the same amount in theory , as playback conditions vary to each user

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #1,499 of 7,541
  Thanks, sadly sony mexico only sells the MDR-1R, and well they say the 1R is better suited for classical music, of course opinions vary a lot, now i am undecided which color to pick for the NWZ-A17 as they sell it in two clolors (here in Mex, in the US is only silver): blue/teal or black.

Do you know by chance which file system the sony use to format the microSD card, when you format inside the player? (f.e fiio uses FAT32, but MS recommends exFat), the other thing is the user manual states 51Hrs battery life for uncompressed wav 1411Kbps, i assume, FLAC 16/44.1 is the same amount in theory , as playback conditions vary to each user

Nonsense. As a MDR-1R user, I find it great with just about everything I can throw at it.

Nov 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #1,500 of 7,541

Nonsense. As a MDR-1R user, I find it great with just about everything I can throw at it.

yes that is why i said opinions vary, and yes i will get one pair of MDR-1, so ClieOs tell me, the connecting jack in the headphones end is 3.5mm too or is dreaded 2.5mm? f.e for when the cable needs to be replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back