SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 8, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #6,316 of 14,773
All I want for Sony to do is add a on-screen volume control, rather than just rely on the hardware volume buttons, not too sure how long they will last with all the single clicking, or may be support for smartwatch to control the main music functions which android 4.3 is needed.
dont know if I am missing a point but you can use the volume on screen, but you have to start with the hardware button, that is only the same as AFAIK every cellphone on the market, no biggy :)

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #6,317 of 14,773

All I want for Sony to do is add a on-screen volume control, rather than just rely on the hardware volume buttons, not too sure how long they will last with all the single clicking, or may be support for smartwatch to control the main music functions which android 4.3 is needed.

dont know if I am missing a point but you can use the volume on screen, but you have to start with the hardware button, that is only the same as AFAIK every cellphone on the market, no biggy
smily_headphones1.gif

I understand what you say, can you use the volume without first using the hardware button, my Samsung on android 4.2 works without the hardware button.

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #6,318 of 14,773
I use the ZX2 with the AKG K3003. For best sound with the white AKG High Boost filter I put the equalizer to +1@400Hz and to -1@6KHz and the clear bass to +2. The result is absolutely stellar. Anyone who own this combination should give it a try.

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #6,319 of 14,773

I understand what you say, can you use the volume without first using the hardware button, my Samsung on android 4.2 works without the hardware button.

You don't have to use the hardware button first to bring up the volume slider. Use one of those volume slider widgets from google play and put it on your home screen.

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #6,320 of 14,773
Just recieved my zx2 today but unfortunately found a tiny dead pixel on the screen. I'm not sure if i can bothered sending it back to HK to get it replaced.

Sounds pretty good at the moment using ClearAudio+ with ATH-CKR10's. Just wanted to know how you guys burned your zx2 in? Did you leave it playing with earphones plugged it or just have it playing without anything plugged in?

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #6,322 of 14,773
Approaching 150 hours... Man holy crap. What a difference!!!! It sounds amazing now. Much much much better than earlier.

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #6,323 of 14,773
Just recieved my zx2 today but unfortunately found a tiny dead pixel on the screen. I'm not sure if i can bothered sending it back to HK to get it replaced.

Sounds pretty good at the moment using ClearAudio+ with ATH-CKR10's. Just wanted to know how you guys burned your zx2 in? Did you leave it playing with earphones plugged it or just have it playing without anything plugged in?

1. Turn off Clearaudio... Dosent sound as good.
2. You need a load/earphone for the player to play/burn in. Any earphone/headphone will do. Even El cheapo ear buds. Plug it in and let the player run.

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #6,325 of 14,773

You need to present a load to the Dap while it's on otherwise your wasting your time.

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #6,327 of 14,773

Waste of time sending it back to HK, 1 dead pixels is within international standard, HK Sony will not exchange it, also if you intend to send it direct to Sony HK, they don't deal with mail in service.

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #6,328 of 14,773
Waste of time sending it back to HK, 1 dead pixels is within international standard, HK Sony will not exchange it, also if you intend to send it direct to Sony HK, they don't deal with mail in service.

I bought it as a grey import but they have their own 1 year warranty but I think I'll just let it slide. Different story if it were a phone or tablet. If you're like me, I hate waiting for stuff to arrive in the mail haha

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #6,329 of 14,773

I bought it as a grey import but they have their own 1 year warranty but I think I'll just let it slide. Different story if it were a phone or tablet. If you're like me, I hate waiting for stuff to arrive in the mail haha

With grey import you get even less chance of a returned item, I' m different as I live in Hong Kong, but my unit was purchased in Japan last month during my visit, I was also worried about dead/stuck pixels as previously Sony was know to have them from my experiences.

Luckly I got a perfect unit with no problems.
tongue.gif
, Softmap is where I got mine and they wouldn't even let me check the unit until they sorted all the payment with receipt, even though they had my money on hand. 

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #6,330 of 14,773
Does anyone how to hard reset this unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back