SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 7, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #226 of 14,773
Yeah load it up with some Sony music tracks. They did that for the zx1 - no reason not to on the zx2

Quote:

Its actually up to each national division of Sony to do these things. For example, in Australia where I am, the ZX1 came with a free set of MDR1 headphones when ZX1 first came out, then after this promotion all ZX1's came with a free voucher for 20 tracks of Hi-Res, which is actually still going on. And just recently the ZX1 went on sale for $559 from Sony store. So Australia is the place to be for Sony stuff 
size]

Fair enough.  News to me, but I'm happy to stand corrected
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #227 of 14,773
Yeah,Australia is the place to be if you are an audiophile.I ordered my senn ie800 from there for less than $600 a year ago.I would be tempted to move over there if it weren't for the sharks,crocodiles,poisonous snakes,poisonous jellyfish,poisonous spiders,poisonous kangaroo and poisonous coalas.Nothing better than listening to your zx2 with your kaizer k10 and have a funnel web on your lap.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #228 of 14,773
  Fair enough.  News to me, but I'm happy to stand corrected

Forgot to say, besides the stuff I mentioned, all ZX1's, be it Japan, UK, Aus, all came with 9 tracks pre-installed as Harmonix said. Same tracks for all ZX1's, 4 Hi-Res tracks, 5 mp3 tracks lol.

Yeah,Australia is the place to be if you are an audiophile.I ordered my senn ie800 from there for less than $600 a year ago.I would be tempted to move over there if it weren't for the sharks,crocodiles,poisonous snakes,poisonous jellyfish,poisonous spiders,poisonous kangaroo and poisonous coalas.Nothing better than listening to your zx2 with your kaizer k10 and have a funnel web on your lap.

I LOLed 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #229 of 14,773
  poisonous coalas.

Did you mean Colas?

Or Koalas?

I only ask because some might argue that the former may contribute to more deaths each year than the latter 
wink.gif

(your post made me laugh, though).

Forgot to say, besides the stuff I mentioned, all ZX1's, be it Japan, UK, Aus, all came with 9 tracks pre-installed as Harmonix said. Same tracks for all ZX1's, 4 Hi-Res tracks, 5 of them mp3 lol.

Oh, 9 tracks? Well that doesn't count, in my book! 9 tracks is just a mockery!

I meant they should bundle a couple of proper Hi-res albums

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #230 of 14,773
Forgot to say, besides the stuff I mentioned, all ZX1's, be it Japan, UK, Aus, all came with 9 tracks pre-installed as Harmonix said. Same tracks for all ZX1's, 4 Hi-Res tracks, 5 of them mp3 lol.
I deleted all those 9 tracks

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #232 of 14,773
^ Yeah, they are pretty lame tracks lol. I'm thankful my ZX1 came with a voucher for 20 Hi-Res tracks, was only allowed to pick from a selection of 100 tracks, but ended up with many tracks I'd never heard and really liked.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #233 of 14,773
In Hong Kong we have other promotion for hi res product, not too sure if it refers to headset, but you buy a hi res product and get 5 free download from www.hifitrack.com, and I think you can also get a pair of XBA A2 or XBA H2, can't remember which one, at a discounted price.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #234 of 14,773
I'm interested in zx2 for the spotify ability, sd card, and battery life. Size is a bit of an issue, as I'm used to Sony a17 now. I thought about Fiio x7 but I cannot deal with their low battery time products. Just did a check on my X5 battery. 7 hrs and 45 minutes running off the OTG. And that's MP3 on low volume and low gain. Ridiculous. I am selling it now for this reason. Will wait for reviews on x2 and will also consider X1 at $550 price direct from Japan.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #235 of 14,773
Yeah, voucher for 20 Hi-res tracks is much more appropriate. Well done Sony Australia.

Sony seem really disjointed in their marketing of their Hi-res gear.

Although I am no fan of the PONO bandwagon, from a marketing perspective, it does seem to stand in significant contrast to Sony's approach.

I would have thought Sony's 2 different departments would be absolutely clamouring to proactively co-promote each others offerings, on a consistent global basis, but they seem to be missing that opportunity to a significant extent.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #236 of 14,773
I'm interested in zx2 for the spotify ability, sd card, and battery life. Size is a bit of an issue, as I'm used to Sony a17 now. I thought about Fiio x7 but I cannot deal with their low battery time products. Just did a check on my X5 battery. 7 hrs and 45 minutes running off the OTG. And that's MP3 on low volume and low gain. Ridiculous. I am selling it now for this reason. Will wait for reviews on x2 and will also consider X1 at $550 price direct from Japan.

I appreciate what you're saying (my iBasso DX100 used to drive me crazy with its insanely low battery runtime, even on low gain, driving CIEMs), but if you're using your X5 with OTG, then it's not surprising, as OTG is notorious for guzzling power on various DAPs.

FWIW, I was using Sony ZX1 via WMPort => Hugo, and the ZX1s battery life was pretty darned poor, I can tell you. But used on it's own, with WMPort disconnected, the runtime substantially improved.

I don't know why this is, but perhaps the bus components for OTG and for WMPort are inefficient.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #237 of 14,773
^ By the way, low gain vs high gain doesn't change the power usage at all on daps, as all daps just use a pot switch for the gain, so low gain is just an pot [size=12.7272720336914px]attenuated signal, which is rather a crude way to control gain, but there is no other way in a space limited dap. I'm not a fan of these gain pots, as a pot will degrade the signal somewhat. So I prefer a Dap with no gain settings at all for cleaner output.[/size]

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #238 of 14,773
Nonetheless, battery life is appalling on some of the Chinese DAPs (even with an understanding of higher power requirements for some of the bricks
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #240 of 14,773
Ooh man, the all black looks so beautiful. Will match my PHA2 when it's in my hands!
Glad. I didn't go ahead with Zx1,f887 and even A17. This looks like it's made for me!
My Z1070, A865 and X1060 are still serving me well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back