SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,216 of 45,723
  All this speculation about the 1Z, but realistically how many of us are actually going to be able to afford one ???

me not
biggrin.gif
 but yeah the "cheapie" 1A
L3000.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,218 of 45,723
  All this speculation about the 1Z, but realistically how many of us are actually going to be able to afford one ???

According to  @ nanaholic,  plentiful of buyers from Asian countries and small numbers from the West.  I actually agree with this.  It should be pretty popular for someone who demand the very best from portable device (due to space restrictions on their desktop) as well as the 1Z being used as a "status symbol" to them.  I think it will sell very well in HK and Japan but not so much in Korean given that the Korean will stick to their home brand Astell & Kern.

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,219 of 45,723
  The smart move is to wait 7-8 months  and the  headfiers here to start selling their non-EU 1Α  for $700 at sale/trade forum.

fixed 
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,220 of 45,723

The smart move is to wait 7-8 months for the AK480 to appear around $6000 and the rich headfiers here to start dumping their 1Z like yesterday news for $2k at sale/trade forum.

LOL true
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #1,221 of 45,723
Or just wait for Sony to offer them as refurblished unit.  That's the best way to get the 1Z if you ask me with 30% discount.

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #1,223 of 45,723
  Or just wait for Sony to offer them as refurblished unit.  That's the best way to get the 1Z if you ask me with 30% discount.

I have never trusted refurb units, maybe the stigma they were damaged once and then repaired or perhaps the Nasty spanish term for refurb RECONSTRUIDO (lit. reconstructed)

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,224 of 45,723

I have never trusted refurb units, maybe the stigma they were damaged once and then repaired or perhaps the Nasty spanish term for refurb RECONSTRUIDO (lit. reconstructed)

Here it is just a returned item most of the time.  It still come with full warranty but maybe just 90-days from Sony.  You can also buy it as an open box unit from many online retailers here.  I really hope they have the 1A ready for me to try out soon.  I need to find the new TRRRS adapter however.

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #1,225 of 45,723
purk said:
Here it is just a returned item most of the time.  It still come with full warranty but maybe just 90-days from Sony.  You can also buy it as an open box unit from many online retailers here.  I really hope they have the 1A ready for me to try out soon.  I need to find the new TRRRS adapter however.

Yep or get an adapter to dual TRS by a cable company like PlusSound or our best friend DYI @Whitigir (he makes pure silver cables)

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #1,226 of 45,723
Tomorrow I  am expecting a ****ty Day LOL, sold my XBA-A3 already and my Z5 arrived to local FedEx office but too late , after courier had left, damn, using a pair of old iBuds for now

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #1,227 of 45,723

I have actually owned a number of refurbished audio products.  Never had any issues and they usually come with a full warranty.  They have thoroughly tested before reissue unlike buying used where you have no idea what the condition really is.  I would buy refurbished over second hand any day.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #1,228 of 45,723
The best way to get the 1Z to sell, give one to each of the Kardashian twits and have them flash them on television.  Once the millions of mindless drones who watch that sludge see them they will snap them up like it was catnip.  Sony won't be able to keep them in stock.  That is your market for the 1Z, rich twits who buy it because it is shiny and gold and because some celebrity has one so they have have to have it to.  

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #1,229 of 45,723
  The best way to get the 1Z to sell, give one to each of the Kardashian twits and have them flash them on television.  Once the millions of mindless drones who watch that sludge see them they will snap them up like it was catnip.  Sony won't be able to keep them in stock.  That is your market for the 1Z, rich twits who buy it because it is shiny and gold and because some celebrity has one so they have have to have it to.  

LOL I am a very concicious consumer I prefer to see Head-fi reviews and then jump the train, not because a celeb endorses it... think beats, celeb endorsed Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back