SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,186 of 45,723
Would like to read and see more reviews,videos of those walkmans and when will they be available for sale.
Will PriceJaoan have them, but how will know for sure it will have English language in the menu and not have the volume limiter.

How priceJapan handles warranty repairs? as iknow accessory jack does it for you (they send it to sony HK for repirs and then back to you)

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #1,187 of 45,723
Would like to read and see more reviews,videos of those walkmans and when will they be available for sale.
Will PriceJaoan have them, but how will know for sure it will have English language in the menu and not have the volume limiter.

Price japan will have them but it will be japanese language only...it will not have a volume limiter at all i know because i buy stuff from them all the time...send them an email if you have any querys ..

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,188 of 45,723
  Price japan will have them but it will be japanese language only...it will not have a volume limiter at all i know because i buy stuff from them all the time...send them an email if you have any querys ..

This is correct.  If you want an English language support, I would go with HK retailer such as Accessory Jack.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #1,189 of 45,723
Some here posted a blog entry to a japanese blog, i read it google-translated and the last page of the megapost it says THERE IS CONIDERABL DIFFERENCE IN SQ BETWEEN THE TWO MACHINES (WM1A and WM1Z)

He says also WM1A sounds far superior than ZX2
If one guy says it on a Japanese blog and we confirmed it with google translate, than it must be the truth!

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,190 of 45,723
  It is an operating system and devices consume power. Is the iOS much better in this respect? I'm asking as I don't use iOS. I do know that the newer Android versions are supposed to have much better battery management features so theoretically simply using a new Android version could have mitigated some of this.

My only point wasn't really to question that Android's battery hit couldn't be a reasonable explanation for the OS change, my point was that it was presented pretty much factually when there are still other explanations that only Sony can really know.

iOS is in fact better - iPhones have tiny batteries compared to the Android counter parts and with a lot of optimization on Apple's part they get decent battery life. If iPhones has a battery capacity of Android flagships (greater than 2000mAh in most cases) they WILL outlast them in battery life. It's a fact of IT that the more general purpose the software is, the less optimized/less efficient it is - this is indeed factual. Android by default is a very general purpose piece of software that is designed to run on almost anything, which is why it is at its core a very inefficient piece of software.

Also all the points about the Sony OS being more power efficient has been confirmed in this interview, which was pretty much released on the day of the announcement
http://www.phileweb.com/interview/article/201609/02/393_4.html

And no, the Sony OS is not a locked down version of Android. The interview specifically said it is home baked. As Sony has quite a bit of Linux experience as well as making Walkman software before Android was even a thing, I'd say when they say it is home baked it's home baked. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,191 of 45,723
  Some here posted a blog entry to a japanese blog, i read it google-translated and the last page of the megapost it says THERE IS CONIDERABL DIFFERENCE IN SQ BETWEEN THE TWO MACHINES (WM1A and WM1Z)

I've been talking to Just Ear's Matsuo-san (well gotta bug someone about getting those 4.4mm balance cables for my MH1s) and he also assured me that the WM1A and WM1Z sounds different.

Though he actually recommends the WM1A because he said it's the more rounded machine in terms of balancing between SQ and everyday portability, and to only get the 1Z if sound quality is the only thing you care about.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #1,192 of 45,723

I've been talking to Just Ear's Matsuo-san (well gotta bug someone about getting those 4.4mm balance cables for my MH1s) and he also assured me that the WM1A and WM1Z sounds different.

Though he actually recommends the WM1A because he said it's the more rounded machine in terms of balancing between SQ and everyday portability, and to only get the 1Z if sound quality is the only thing you care about.

Did he comment if the 1A sounds better than the ZX2? i want the 1A because color and less weight as he says and of course jump in SQ from my zx100

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,193 of 45,723

Did he comment if the 1A sounds better than the ZX2? i want the 1A because color and less weight as he says and of course jump in SQ from my zx100

He said the WM1A is the best walkman to date.

Though sound preference is pretty subjective, so YMMV. Plus he says people should listen to both and decide for themselves anyway, but personally he pushes the WM1A. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,194 of 45,723

All this hyperbole is getting ridiculous,each time a new device pops up.In what way is it far superior,does it sound like a high priced desktop setup with immense soundstage and speaker like bass in a portable form?That's the only way it will sound far superior unless we are talking about headfones,in that case a phone like galaxy s6 will sound superior due to the paltry ZX2 amp.If it is a small improvement in sq vs ZX2 it will be well worth it especially due to the far superior amp,the biggest difference i suspect is going to come from the 4.4mm balanced output,let's wait for proper reviews ,ZX2 suffered greatly from inaccurate reviews (good and bad for different reasons),frankly apart from Whitigir's ZX2 review most other web reviews are irrelevant as they do not portray the full potential of ZX2's sound,no trrs,no disabling eq,stock ZX2 sound is very mediocre for a $1200 device.  

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,195 of 45,723

He said the WM1A is the best walkman to date.

Though sound preference is pretty subjective, so YMMV. Plus he says people should listen to both and decide for themselves anyway, but personally he pushes the WM1A. 

WOW thanks this just sounds WOW WOW

My reasons for getting 1A

1. Price, 1500 cheaper thnan 1Z
  2. Build quality for sure miles ahead of that of ZX100
  3. SQ Ages ahead of any walkman or fiio or iPod i ever have heard to date
  4. Weight can't imagine acrrying a ingot LOL
  5. Not too "steal-me-at-gun-point" looks
  6. Composer search
  7. Touch screen for navi is better than pure D-pad navi IMHO
  8. Monster Power, the most powerful walkman to date

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #1,197 of 45,723

• Price, 1500 cheaper thnan 1Z
  • Build quality for sure miles ahead of that of ZX100
  • SQ Ages ahead of any walkman or fiio or iPod i ever have heard to date
  • Weight can't imagine acrrying a ingot LOL
  • Not too "steal-me-at-gun-point" looks
  • Composer search
  • Touch screen for navi is better than pure D-pad navi IMHO
  • Monster Power, the most powerful walkman to date

Conjectures? Best see and test it personally when it is available to the general public.

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,198 of 45,723

1. Price, 1500 cheaper thnan 1Z
  2. Build quality for sure miles ahead of that of ZX100
  3. SQ Ages ahead of any walkman or fiio or iPod i ever have heard to date
  4. Weight can't imagine acrrying a ingot LOL
  5. Not too "steal-me-at-gun-point" looks
  6. Composer search
  7. Touch screen for navi is better than pure D-pad navi IMHO
  8. Monster Power, the most powerful walkman to date

Conjectures? Best see and test it personally when it is available to the general public.

well i don't have a store to test, so my only choices amazon or AJ import

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #1,199 of 45,723
So Accessory Jack is the best place to get it to have both the English language in the menu and no volume limiter right?
Hope we get to see some reviews soon.

Yes, i have imported from them my ZX100 conform english and other languages such as español und Deutsch etcetera, and apparently no volume limit, thd thing gest pretty loud at vol. 11 already, for cans ike the MDR-Z7 (tested them) vol. 15 can be unberarable, sometimes i need to go to 26 of 30 (recording related)

I also imported my XBA-Z5, I highly recommend AJ, they are fast and veru nice for customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back