SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #7,682 of 45,723
  The cable @CraftyClown has looks very cool cheers mate

Thanks mate.

I'm not a believer in the magical properties of cables, I also don't believe the differences between single ended and balanced are as pronounced as some would say, however I think this is an excellent cable.

It is well built with sturdy connectors and is also nice and flexible. It also comes with a shirt clip, which is a nice addition.

Most importantly it only cost me £70  
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #7,684 of 45,723
  well in any case you need the 4.4 to get native dsd anyhow ><.

lol. Actually I converted all of my DSDs to 44.1khz 16bit FLAC files after doing listening tests and discovering I couldn't spot which was which.

I love SACDs because of the excellent re-masters they usually contain, rather than the format itself.
L3000.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #7,687 of 45,723
  Urgh time to wait for jaben my to restock on the kimber kables ><. 

It's best to email them and tell them to notify you when stock is available, that way you won't miss the chance to make the purchase, that's what I did.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #7,690 of 45,723
I assume once the device unlocked to have high gain and higher power output that will not affect the device at all with future updates am i correct?
I like what i have read about the gold Walkman so far except the weight:grin: but i am more inclined towards the DX200 not because is cheaper but being able to be used as a USB DAC make it a one in all solution.
Anyway looking forward to read more about the two once someone have them and spent more time together.
For the prediction guys: are we going to see a price drop for the gold Walkman on Amazon anytime soon like it happened to the aluminium version?
By the way i am interested only in the gold model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back