SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #7,651 of 45,723
I am still looking to have a good 4.4mm terminated cable. Any recommendation?

Looking at effect audio, Dita cable if the 4.4mm is available.

they are very responsive.  i bought the 4.4 mm plug from them and receive them promptly.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #7,653 of 45,723

You need to plug something in, you can turn down the volume to really low, but you need something plugged in.

If you don't plug something in the audio circuitry is in fact not electrically complete, so the capacitors aren't actually doing anything because they aren't discharging into any significant load

I'm using the iBasso burn-in cable in the SE.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #7,655 of 45,723
Hi guys! I just joined headfi and this is my first post. Officially part of the Sony family. Time to find some 4.4 cables!

Nice! Is that the 335 DW I see? And I'm sure they go together really well with the 1A. There's a few Fitear-compatible 4.4mm cables already in the Japanese market (try checking E-earphones), but personally I believe Fitear themselves will address this sometime this year.

Also, is that from the Kimi no Na Wa OST?

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #7,656 of 45,723
Glad to say I hooked up the Z1R balanced again last night and at max volume (capped) it was sounding much much better.  Aaaand relax 
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #7,660 of 45,723
Hello, I am new to the forum.I just got the Sony NW-WM1A and it looks and sounds great. I noticed a clicking sound that comes from the DAP when it switches between different resolutions. Is it normal? I am using balanced out.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #7,661 of 45,723
Hello, I am new to the forum.I just got the Sony NW-WM1A and it looks and sounds great. I noticed a clicking sound that comes from the DAP when it switches between different resolutions. Is it normal? I am using balanced out.
happens on mine too

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #7,665 of 45,723

It's normal - it's because the engineers used a magnetically operated mechanical switch to act as the output muting circuit (which prevents loud pops and noise being pump into the headphone when the machine switches modes etc) instead of the usual electronic transistor which they claim affects the sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back