Sony MDR-A44L revisted = WOW
Jan 2, 2002 at 12:54 AM Post #61 of 132
I would rather that you had gotten those headphones and WAITED before doing any sort of review, young man.
wink.gif
Maybe you should wait a good month before doing a serious review? Yes, that would help the community.

I've never posted reviews of stuff I didn't hear. If I reccomend a product I haven't heard, I try to make it apparent that I haven't heard it so that the person asking the question isn't confused. But whenever I post a review, it's on a product that I've used for a good while. it took me more than a month to post a review of my K401's. It's probably better to wait longer than that. And I think that if you waited that long, you wouldn't post so many conflicting opinions about different headphones and audio equipment. don't you think that would be a good thing?

Jan 2, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #62 of 132
The thing is, no one is scrutizining Vertigo's opinion based on hearing the A44L themselves, and then they resort to scrutiny of taste or personality...which is fine, but IMO, something that could be left to the reader.

If some die-hard rocker listens to Vertigo and goes out and buys the R-10 and than finds that he doesn't like them...thats the readers own fault for being blind and unattentive.

Jan 2, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #63 of 132
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D

Vertigo is probably the most equipment discriminating pop music listener...

BWHAHHAHAHAHA Yeah Aqua I'm Sure
wink.gif

Really, Vertigo...you have a good review on your hands there...just that these nonbelievers dont believe. Lets throw them off the boat...I am also another person who has these inner ear beauties. Ahhh... the joys it bought me...I find them a bit bass thin...though out of a JMT built cmoy specifically designed for the ety 4s it does sound a lot better especially in the midrange though I feel something is missing cant quite say what......I dont currently have a bigger rig rite now
frown.gif
so I cant say on the kind of sound youre talking about
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #64 of 132
can someone help me get these worms vertigo spilled back in the can?
rolleyes.gif

duncan:
i have the old a22l and a d-777 player like you. i actually liked that combo, although the bass got kinda of wooly after a while. can you tell me what the a44l are like with the d-777 (and no external amp, using the remote, with the d-777 volume turned up to between 6 & 8 and attenuated with the remote)? thanks, man.

Jan 2, 2002 at 2:46 AM Post #65 of 132
Quote:

jude said...

It's a public forum. I personally think it's fine to scrutinize, question, and debate findings without resorting to personal attacks (though that almost inevitably happens from time to time). To me at least, that's one of the things that makes a forum very interesting.

Agreed. The problem here is that many people arguing against Vert's findings haven't heard the model in question, just the general line.

Quote:

Tim D said...

Vertigo is probably the most equipment discriminating pop music listener...

Nah, I think that's me.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:12 AM Post #66 of 132
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
....The problem here is that many people arguing against Vert's findings haven't heard the model in question, just the general line.....

I think that's maybe part of the problem if there is a problem. And so to see for myself, I will order a pair. Then I will send them around to a couple people here to see what they think. I am very curious to see, after listening to them for a time through my Max and a couple of cmoy/Hansen/Apheared amps I have (built by JMT), if I think they are consistent with the following statements:
  1. "Quite simply, I don't think any of my other headphones have ever showed me this degree of high quality sharpness to everything, other than the Stax 3030 system that I tried before..."
  2. "...the A44s simply blow away the 325s in the area of pure detail and being able to hear the little background details... the A44s simply smoke them in the amount of music they can deliver to your ears. Almost a case of electrostats vs. dynamics...almost."
  3. "They smoke the Sennheiser HD-600s and Grado RS-1s for detail and transparency too."
  4. "These things, quite simply, are open air Etymotics!"
I will order them tomorrow. I'll send them to two other people to listen to after I'm done -- who's interested? You have to have good amplification and agree to post your opinions.

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #72 of 132
Alright, MacDEF, chych and Flumpus. It'll be the four of us.

I'll use them for a week and a half or so. Then I'll send them to Flumpus, who'll use them for a week and send them to MacDEF, who'll use them for a week and send them to chych, who'll then send them back me.

LOL. First I have to order them tomorrow.

RickG, I hope you'll also post your impressions?

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #73 of 132
I'll be glad to send my pair to someone as well. The best amp I have for dynamic phones is an EarMax Pro and that may not be sufficient for these cans.

Jan 2, 2002 at 4:00 AM Post #74 of 132
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
I'll be glad to send my pair to someone as well. The best amp I have for dynamic phones is an EarMax Pro and that may not be sufficient for these cans.

RickG, that's very nice of you. Tell you what.....why don't you send yours to chych? Faster circulation that way. Would that be cool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back