Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Oct 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #2,251 of 4,748
I just figured out what those tips are: the large tips for the blue HJE-900. These tips sound really good on the 7550, but spectacular on the GR07.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2,252 of 4,748
Anyone else ever gotten static electricity shocks in your ears from these? I don't know if I just generate a lot of static electricity or what, but it's happened to me twice with these and like four times with the MIles Davis. Scares the crap out of me every time, like surprise rape.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2,253 of 4,748
Quote:
Anyone else ever gotten static electricity shocks in your ears from these? I don't know if I just generate a lot of static electricity or what, but it's happened to me twice with these and like four times with the MIles Davis. Scares the crap out of me every time, like surprise rape.

Wow. Never happened to me. Else I'd need a new pair of pants. 
blink.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #2,255 of 4,748
Static electricity can happen in earphones.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #2,257 of 4,748
I'm not going to return them...I think it must just be me. Come to think of it, it also happened to me once with the Coppers. Could my complexion have something to do with it?
LOL sorry.
It's not like when it happened today I was wearing a fleece or something.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #2,259 of 4,748

Quote:

lol. I'm not sure anybody expects to be raped...sorry, couldn't resist

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2,260 of 4,748

That thing circled in red(don't know what you call it), I can rotate it. It spins around the cord. It doesn't slide up and down the cord or anything, just rotates around it. The one on the left side is much more resistant to this.

Is this normal? Something to worry about?
Edit - Just checked the cable on my EX600. Those...whatever they are spin on it too. So no biggie I guess. Making a mole hill out of a mountain as it were.

Mastershake: Just because I think there's a code amongst bald people doesn't mean I'm more conductive of static electricity. What you just said is tantamount to a hate crime!

eke2k6: Good point. lol

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,261 of 4,748

I'm just passing by to recommend this radio station for classical and jazz, I wish I had discovered it earlier! http://radio.linnrecords.com/

Click on "tune in" and you'll download a ".pls" file, which seems to play fine in VLC and Foobar.

Now if only we all used the same USB DAC/Amp, and we all listened to that radio while assessing/discussing IEM's, then there wouldn't be so much disparity!!

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #2,262 of 4,748

Quote:

I'm just passing by to recommend this radio station for classical and jazz, I wish I had discovered it earlier! http://radio.linnrecords.com/

Click on "tune in" and you'll download a ".pls" file, which seems to play fine in VLC and Foobar.

Now if only we all used the same USB DAC/Amp, and we all listened to that radio while assessing/discussing IEM's, then there wouldn't be so much disparity!!

Thanks much for this Link. The Jazz is great

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #2,264 of 4,748

Quote:
Which type of smooth jazz and alternative rock more suitable headset.headphones stay in unstable ex1000 and 7550.

Dude do you speak English as your second language? Sorry, not to be insulting but what you said is very hard to make any sense of. Are you asking which of the 2 IEMs you listed are better suited for both Jazz and Alternative Rock? All I know is the EX1000s have a larger sound stage are overall more refined, and are more romantic. The 7550 is not as refined, has more emphasis on mids and less emphasis on treble compared to the EX1000. So in the end it just depends on what you are looking for in a sound signature. The EX1000s weren't to my liking but I'm glad they found a new home, just as the FX700s found a new home with me :wink:.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #2,265 of 4,748

Quote:
Which type of smooth jazz and alternative rock more suitable headset.headphones stay in unstable ex1000 and 7550.

Uh, I'd go 1000 for Jazz, 7550 for rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back