Sony D-25S
Feb 13, 2003 at 10:54 PM Post #16 of 62
Thanks so much for the heads up Jim!!! I just ordered one from sony over the phone. I can indeed verify that they are available here.. Supposedly they just got a shipment in a few days ago. Good luck!

btw - I canceled my above order from the yahoo site.

Feb 14, 2003 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 62
Is there a reason not to order from the yahoo site. It would appear that they are cheaper than the sony batteries. They are 39.95 with free shipping from the yahoo site and 50.00 plus shipping at the sony site. True, it may be better to get "brand name" but for an extra 20.00? I also found the following replacement battery, but Im not sure it is a true replacement because it is listed as a camcorder battery but has the same model number. I am not familiar with what the original battery looks like, so anyone willing to check out the picture and see if it appears to be like the original id appreciate it. Thanks.

http://www.battery-pro.net/camcorder/sony/bp-2x.htm

BTW, The batttery is listed here for 28.95 plus shipping....

Feb 14, 2003 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 62
The one from the yahoo site and the link you just gave is for a Li-ion. You need a NiCd. That one is also 3.6v as a pose to 4.0v. Not sure if anyone has tried the Li-ion (lithium) battery in the d-25(s) ... It may not work...

Feb 14, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Nefarion
The one from the yahoo site and the link you just gave is for a Li-ion. You need a NiCd. That one is also 3.6v as a pose to 4.0v. Not sure if anyone has tried the Li-ion (lithium) battery in the d-25(s) ... It may not work...

This, and they look like 3rd-party batteries... meaning while they may look like a duck, they may not work like a duck.

Feb 14, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 62
"If Nefarion is able to use a wall wart rated at 200ma and he reports no problem, then i presume i will not a have a problem with my 300ma wall wart."

Sure am.. Goin for a couple hours now .. No problems whatsoever. Gawd this is a great PCDP...

Feb 14, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #22 of 62
"This, and they look like 3rd-party batteries... meaning while they may look like a duck, they may not work like a duck."

True...True... I know exactly what your talking about. I got into an accident in my camry 6 months ago.. I bought some off-brand light housings to replace the old ones.. I still cant get them fukers to fit right
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!!!!

You just never know with off-brand...

Feb 14, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #23 of 62
Feb 17, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #25 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
can the D-25s read cd-rs and cd-rws?

My D-25 reads CD-Rs.. However, I don't know about CD-RW's, as I don't have any, nor would I bother getting a CD-RW
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #30 of 62
Patience my friend....UPS tracking says Monday is the day the battery will arrive.....expect a post on this thread shortly thereafter......Ive ordered two of these players from SS and I must say they are very attractive. They sound good as well, but not as good as my optimus 3400. The optimus is more detailed with a more natural sound. The sony is brighter but with less detail but is still a good sounding portable. It does skip when moved around though. I am wondering if anyone has tried to modify the spindle where the disc sits to something that "grabs" a disc better. My optimus is an older player that skips but not as much. The 3400 has a spindle similar to what is found on the inside of a jewel case and what most new players have. This spindle holds the disc better and may be the reason why it doesn't skip as much as the sony. The sony's spindle doesn't hold the disc at all and only appears to act like a plate where the disc sits. Even the platter that sits on top of the disc to hold it in place isn't very helpfull. Of course, this is only my opinion, but I will look into experimenting with it and letting this forum know of any positive benefits from such modifications.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back