Something other then hammond?
Dec 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

nightanole

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any reasonable alum cases out there other then hammond that i can buy on the internet? Once the project needs like a 6x6x6 box or bigger the options are limited if you dont want it to look like a pull box.

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 20
how does one go about getting custom FPE panels for the par metal's? They have the folded in section with the screw taps? Does FPE accept that panel and mill it as per the design or do you guys do other custom work to fit a fresh rear panel to the rest of the chassis?

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does one go about getting custom FPE panels for the par metal's? They have the folded in section with the screw taps? Does FPE accept that panel and mill it as per the design or do you guys do other custom work to fit a fresh rear panel to the rest of the chassis?

It’s a custom order the inside support piece for the front and rear has a
rectangular cutout (as per the standard front). You then order 2 front panels for your chassis.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It’s a custom order the inside support piece for the front and rear has a
rectangular cutout (as per the standard front). You then order 2 front panels for your chassis.

Custom order with FPE or par metal?
I only see the rear panel on the standard par metal with the folded lip on top of which the top panel wraps over.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 20
that sucks then for me cause i already got my par metal case and didn't know that the rear panel slid into the chassis. So FPE won't be able to work with the standard rear panel at all?

Sending you PM.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 20
sachu: Call Par-Metal, tell them that you need a frame for your chassis, it'll cost you almost nothing and you can attach an FPE panel to it.

johnwmclean: Both FPE and Par-Metal are awesome - yes, FPE is more expensive than some others, but they send gummy bears with their panels and I just got a chocolate panel from them for the holidays!
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sachu: Call Par-Metal, tell them that you need a frame for your chassis, it'll cost you almost nothing and you can attach an FPE panel to it.

THanks for the info. So FPE will not be able to work with the standard rear panel at all then. Just want to confirm this. I'll probably end up calling and finding out tomorrow though just in case..

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well... what do you call "the standard rear panel"? Try explaining to FPE what the matereal is and how to work with it - it might be harder and more expensive than just getting a panel from them.

yeah..i'll do that. By standard i mean the one that comes with the par metal as default with the folded sides and screw taps on the folded part.
SO just wondering if they can handle panels like that instead of a plain flat panel to start with..

parmetal002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back