Something I've noticed about DT-880s
Jul 22, 2007 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sweetwilly

Head-Fier
So last night I was just sitting in my room enjoying my new beyers, and decided to put on Cynic's "Focus" album. One of, if not my favorite album of all time. The DT-880s do a wonderful job with this album, except for one thing: distorted guitars. The clean passages sound amazing, but anytime there is a guitar with any sort of distortion, the 'phones produce a slight buzzing sound. I try to ignore it, but really can't. It's not like in the low bass, like one would expect, but it seems apparent somewhere in the middle frequencies; and not always with just distorted guitars. I'm not sure if this is just an amp/source problem--I'm running them out of an X5 > Corda Move combination. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe there is just a hair near the driver or something.

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Well, I think it's a source problem. Seems to be gone when I run the same music out of my computer. Maybe something I can fix with a better i/c. I'm just using the cheapie that came with the MOVE. Does anyone know of any place that sells line-out dock cables for the iAudio X5?

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 7
i heard the x5 doesnt have a very good line-out. even the headphone out was said to be better.

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 7
Don't use the line-out. It's got extremely attenuated bass roll-off and boosted treble. The HP out is totally flat. I don't know how a better IC would solve this problem... it's probably just the X5, but I haven't noticed weird stuff like this with mine. Are you using Rockbox? If not you should, and keep the volume at 0dB.

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Improving the quality of the line out cable that came with the move might make some difference, but not much being of such short length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back