Some stuff you just can't make up - the latest in frivolous legal action
Jun 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Jun 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 11
I'm one of those people who normally defends so-called "frivolous lawsuits" as not being nearly as frivolous as the defendant wants you to believe, but this...

This is frivolous.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 11
As a child, I had never once thought that crunch berries were actual berries.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 11
I like crunchberries. Umm, it never is advertised that they contain real fruit, so what leads her to think that they are actually made of berries other than the fact they're berry shaped and berry colorful?
I never thought the Captain thrusts the spoon towards us, but now that I think of it, it sort of looks like it.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 11
Yup, frivolous.

She must have expected them to roll over and cough up some cash to keep from wasting money on going to trial.

It reminds me of a prank in high school, though. A friend's favorite cereal was Crunchberries, and he especially loved the berries. For his birthday, we got a box and carefully opened the bottom. Then we switched the inner bag with an inner bag of regular Cap'n Crunch and carefully glued the bottom back.

He never did figure out how we got the Crunchberries out of the cereal without tampering with the bag.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 11
I'm surprised you didn't get sued over that prank.
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 11
In these days, a person could try to steal your car & sue you if the car alarm makes him deaf.

My mom told me some guy broke into a family's house.... Turns out they were on vacation, and he was on his way out of the house (from the garage), he was completely locked in. He ended up eating cat food for 2 weeks, and suing the family. He won.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 11
^There is, but "Count" is actually his first name, not his title

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
next thing, you'll be telling me there is no count chocula, in real life.

He's a **** star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back