SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
Sep 21, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #121 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figured out what I believe we should do Saturday night...

As an out-of-town tourist who will be hanging on the coat tails of my host, unless Angelina Jolie comes up to me at the airport and tells me that "I am the one she has been looking for her whole life" and "she was with Brad just to hold her over until I appeared", I will be doing everything that the group is doing (although..I do reserve the right to alter my bathroom habits to meet my own needs).

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #122 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As an out-of-town tourist who will be hanging on the coat tails of my host, unless Angelina Jolie comes up to me at the airport and tells me that "I am the one she has been looking for her whole life" and "she was with Brad just to hold her over until I appeared", I will be doing everything that the group is doing (although..I do reserve the right to alter my bathroom habits to meet my own needs).

Not of this divisiveness. You're either one of us or you're not. There will be no alter of the bathroom habits to meet your own needs. It's all for and one for all down here.
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #123 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all for and one for all down here.
wink.gif

OK, Musketeer. But it wasn't one I was talking about, it's number two, right Gene?
eek.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #124 of 678
Quote:

OK, Musketeer. But it wasn't one I was talking about, it's number two, right Gene?
eek.gif

It was indeed, but be a good lad and mind the Meister while here, as he gets cranky when we don't behave. If I recall, you promised to work it so it would be your three off days when here. Stick to the plan, Stan ...
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #126 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was indeed, but be a good lad and mind the Meister while here, as he gets cranky when we don't behave. If I recall, you promised to work it so it would be your three off days when here. Stick to the plan, Stan ...
wink.gif

Especially considering that you are staying at my place.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...if I was to spend the night, what would be the most profittable night? Friday or Saturday?

Saturday night a bunch of us are going to a club to catch a band. If you aren't interested in that, then come in Friday night. We will probably hang out at my Let There Be Sound (a local audio store owned by our good friend Oz). This reminds me that I better check with Oz to see if it's okay to visit that night. Otherwise, we can have a pre meet meet at my house or in some of the hotel rooms.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #127 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I recall, you promised to work it so it would be your three off days when here. Stick to the plan, Stan ...
wink.gif

Damn, you're completely correct. I forgot about that commitment.

I am going to have to revamp my three month calender. Thank goodness for White-Out. Back to the drawing board.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #128 of 678
Quote:

Damn, you're completely correct. I forgot about that commitment.

I am going to have to revamp my three month calender. Thank goodness for White-Out. Back to the drawing board.

My dogs and I thank you.
biggrin.gif

Tickets for The Samples are are $16.75 including svc. charges. I plan on buying them by Wednesday of next week. If you are interested and don't have a #1 after your name on the attendee list, let me know by Wednesday if you want tickets.

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #129 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miguel is just being coy again: maybe I'll be there, maybe I won't. He just likes to keep everyone guessing.
tongue.gif

That is funny! I meant table at the meet.

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #130 of 678
Usually at some point long before this in a meet thread, there would be a gear list. Shall we start one?

I realize this is Florida, and we do things a little (a lot?) differently down here, but maybe to reassure noobs and potential out of town visitors we should name some actual equipment that might be at this meet?

In that vein, I'll start, since I've refreshed the complete system:

- analog rig
Smurfs_Record_Player.jpg

- digital rig
cr11cd.jpg

- amp
soundwave.jpg

- and, of course, Headphones
hello-kitty-headphone.jpg

That's my stash - what are you bringing?

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #131 of 678
If I can fit them in my carry-on, I will be bringing my most precious components:

EXTERNALHORN.jpg

..and for regulated power:

gerbillinae-gerbillus-juniors-northern-northern-pygmy-gerbil-~-00063855.jpg

Sep 22, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #133 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang. I've got to get some new gear. I'm afraid to show up now with my meager offerings. If Gene were only bringing that lame TakeT set and the oh-so-old HP2.

Sure, I'll bring all that stuff, too, but wanted to highlight the new, hip, and with it gear.

I hear you may have a "devilish" surprise for us if a certain slow on the draw vendor comes through.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #135 of 678
I start the real gear list:

Sources:
Slim Devices Transport
Slim Devices SB3
Nottingham Horizon SE
iPod Classic
4g iMod
George Takei H2
Accuphase

Amps: