So how come the IE8, TF10, and Westone 3 get mentions often but not the SE530?
Dec 7, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes shure's rrp is way ott,but i was basing what i said regarding the price i paid and for that i could have bought a pair of 310's,and a pair of superfi 5 pros.
Regarding the soundstage of the 310,i personally dont think its smaller than the 530,in fact i think it's bigger.
If i'm being 100% honest hand on heart i can truthfully say that the 310 deserves to be the top model in the shure line as everything about it is perfect.
Price,detail,soundstage,comfort and isolation.
Of all the iem's i have tried it's way above anything else.
The 530 is lacking in depth and clarity,it's almost boring to listen to.
As an example the other day i was listening to my 5 pro's and really rocking out,then i thought i'd change to the 530,and instead of continuing to rock i just listened and after 20 minutes i gave up,they just sound so dull and bloated with barely no detail whatsoever.
When you take into consideration i love shure phones and i don't rate the 5 pro's that highly it makes you think that you dont always get what you pay for.

And that's fine: The SE530 isn't worth it to you. The super.fi 5 pro wasn't for me: Neither the fit nor the sound suited my tastes. That's why I sold it and got the SE530 which is definitely worth it to me. The only time I've found the SE530 to be boring is (unfortunately) when I don't use the olive foam tips. The other tips just sound kind of stale. But this is the case with most IEMs. So I'm glad you find the SE310 to be better for you than the SE530. It would just take a lot for me to think the same.

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that's fine: The SE530 isn't worth it to you. The super.fi 5 pro wasn't for me: Neither the fit nor the sound suited my tastes. That's why I sold it and got the SE530 which is definitely worth it to me. The only time I've found the SE530 to be boring is (unfortunately) when I don't use the olive foam tips. The other tips just sound kind of stale. But this is the case with most IEMs. So I'm glad you find the SE310 to be better for you than the SE530. It would just take a lot for me to think the same.

That's the great thing about ears eh,always different.
Seriously though i did wonder many times if the 530's were fakes but they definitely are official.
Very odd!

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the great thing about ears eh,always different.
Seriously though i did wonder many times if the 530's were fakes but they definitely are official.
Very odd!

I'm going to hate myself for asking because it's asked soooo many times when things don't sound like they should....

*sigh*....

"Which tips are you using?"

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 38
Lol.
The shure black foam seem to bloat the sound more,tried them with the grey silicone ones and thought they improved the sound a bit,and ive also tried the shure yellow foams which give the best isolation but they sound a bit distant.
So i guess the grey ones!

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #35 of 38
Mmhmm, mmhmm... I like the gray silicon tips second, just below the olive foam tips.... Yeah. Lol....

I don't know where I'm going. I'm just so up in the air with the Westone 3 right now that I'm just happy I have an earphone that I like
icon10.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Mmhmm, mmhmm... I like the gray silicon tips second, just below the olive foam tips.... Yeah. Lol....

I don't know where I'm going. I'm just so up in the air with the Westone 3 right now that I'm just happy I have an earphone that I like
icon10.gif

No i dont know where you're going either lol.
I'm glad you've found a smashing iem but calm down a bit lol.

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #37 of 38
I highly enjoy my Klipsch X10s and I can honestly say I am currently satisfied. But I still just purchased the Sennheiser IE8s. HeadFi gives me the same greedy eye syndrome I have with food, except this one hurts me more in the wallet. Newer toys always look sexy too in all the mugshots people put up of everything to break down our wills.

Dec 29, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

icon10.gif

You're ******** dumb.

Gonna keep the SE530, but probably going to get the IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back