So how come the IE8, TF10, and Westone 3 get mentions often but not the SE530?
Dec 6, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #16 of 38
haha. i have had sibilance problems with almost any armature phone i have used and even the se500. however, they are one of the classier sounding big 3's out there and will remain that for a long time. westone i am sure make a better designed phone that is less prone to breaking but for sound: it is your choice.

personally, i prefer dynammic drivers except when working out on the road, for that i use audio technica ck10

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #17 of 38
THe Shures are very nice, I have a pair and before them I owned their predecessor called the E500 I think. They'e rock solid soundwise but I have had some issues with the cables.

I just got my W3's and they are very easy to insert and get a good seal, a feature you should not overlook. ANd they are very comfortable. I'm no reviewer, but after a few hours of listening I think the W3's sound better than my Shures. I'm playing them through an iMod and iQube. Sweet indeed.

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by digivate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe SE530 users just get on with listening to and enoying their music, rather than playing the "my IEMs are so much better than your IEMs" game that's rife on these forums.

^This plus the midrange is to spree kill for.

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #19 of 38
Because the IE8's and W3's are new products so they get talked about MUCH more. SE530 has been out about 3 years now. TFPro about 2 years.

SE530's are great IEM's.

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by digivate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe SE530 users just get on with listening to and enoying their music, rather than playing the "my IEMs are so much better than your IEMs" game that's rife on these forums.

I suspect that has a lot to do with it. Variety is nice-- I go back and forth between the Shures and Grado RS-1s, and I just ordered some Sennheiser 650s that will be here in a few days. I'm not interested in which one is "better." I just like listening to music.

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Absolutely!

Dec 6, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 38
One reason could be that the 530's are the biggest rip off in the iem market.
Too bassy,and the midrange and treble are identical to the 310's.
Add the fact the 310's are less than half the price the jump in quality to the 530 is just not there.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THe Shures are very nice, I have a pair and before them I owned their predecessor called the E500 I think. They'e rock solid soundwise but I have had some issues with the cables.

I just got my W3's and they are very easy to insert and get a good seal, a feature you should not overlook. ANd they are very comfortable. I'm no reviewer, but after a few hours of listening I think the W3's sound better than my Shures. I'm playing them through an iMod and iQube. Sweet indeed.

what tips are using with em?

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add the fact the 310's are less than half the price the jump in quality to the 530 is just not there.

I personally don't think they're too bassy simply because the bass is very well controlled and not bloated. There's plenty of bass, but it sounds very good (to me, so that's subjective). I've never heard the SE310, but from the reviews I've read, compared to the SE530, the SE530 has a much bigger soundstage and more detail. But yes, the SE530 is very much overpriced... which is why I didn't buy them at their listed price. I would've never bought them if I had to pay Shure's suggested retail price. So if you can get them for a good price, they may not be, as you stated, the biggest rip off in the iem market.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The bass and midrange are not excessive but balanced. The highs are just lacking for my tastes

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally don't think they're too bassy simply because the bass is very well controlled and not bloated. There's plenty of bass, but it sounds very good (to me, so that's subjective). I've never heard the SE310, but from the reviews I've read, compared to the SE530, the SE530 has a much bigger soundstage and more detail. But yes, the SE530 is very much overpriced... which is why I didn't buy them at their listed price. I would've never bought them if I had to pay Shure's suggested retail price. So if you can get them for a good price, they may not be, as you stated, the biggest rip off in the iem market.

wait till you hear westone 3's bass...best ever to date

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossnass15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait till you hear westone 3's bass...best ever to date

Probably. But its midrange.... ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass and midrange are not excessive but balanced. The highs are just lacking for my tastes

(I'm lazy.
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes shure's rrp is way ott,but i was basing what i said regarding the price i paid and for that i could have bought a pair of 310's,and a pair of superfi 5 pros.
Regarding the soundstage of the 310,i personally dont think its smaller than the 530,in fact i think it's bigger.
If i'm being 100% honest hand on heart i can truthfully say that the 310 deserves to be the top model in the shure line as everything about it is perfect.
Price,detail,soundstage,comfort and isolation.
Of all the iem's i have tried it's way above anything else.
The 530 is lacking in depth and clarity,it's almost boring to listen to.
As an example the other day i was listening to my 5 pro's and really rocking out,then i thought i'd change to the 530,and instead of continuing to rock i just listened and after 20 minutes i gave up,they just sound so dull and bloated with barely no detail whatsoever.
When you take into consideration i love shure phones and i don't rate the 5 pro's that highly it makes you think that you dont always get what you pay for.

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #30 of 38
When I open up my SE530 set on xmas morning I will post a mini-review soon after.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back