So Cal - Ultimate Ears Factory Tour! 6/10/05
Jun 6, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #32 of 66
Just confirming that I'll be there.
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #33 of 66
I will definitely be attending.

I will arrive at SNA airport at 12:47 pm (scheduled), and have to catch a 7:15 pm flight back out the same day.

If anyone is available to give a ride (even if it is only 1-way) saving the cash on a rental car so that I can afford a new pair of UE canalphones would be most appreciated!

I will bring my Rio Karma, loaded with lossless FLAC files I ripped using EAC. In other owrds, not just "CD quality", but bit-for-bit perfect copies. Mostly Jazz, guitar, and blues tunes.

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #35 of 66
Speaking of the after-party, response has been a bit sketchy, and I don't really have enough information to do a full scale meeting. That said, I would still like to move forward, so we'll make it an informal bring-what-you-got affair. Please include a folding table and power strip if possible.

Jetlag, depending on my workload that day, I *might* be able to pick you up from the airport. Let me see how the rest of the week goes.

Countdown... 3 days to go
etysmile.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #36 of 66
hmm, i'll bring my ipod and hd555? not that people would want to listen to it since u guys got way better headphones =D. But i gotta bring my ipod to UE since I want to test their super.fi out with my own souce.

Can someone bring a portable amp (like a go-vibe) so I can test it out with the HD555? I'm looking to buy the go vibe and this would help greatly.
icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #37 of 66
I'll have a Meier Porta Corda MkII with me. Don't know how it compares with the Go Vibe, though.

Jun 7, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #38 of 66
Hey are we still going to your house? is your wife going to kill you if we mess your house up? you know, headphones amp every where, people stepping all over the place ?
orphsmile.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #39 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Hey are we still going to your house?

That's the plan, at this point. Not sure how much gear we'll have, but as I mentioned above, try to bring a folding table (chairs?), and power strip. Wide, flat, empty surfaces are limited at the house, and are indicated by the red circles in this amazingly photorealistic rendering...

Casa_de_1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
is your wife going to kill you if we mess your house up?

Likely yes, but I've been living on borrowed time for a while now
eek.gif
280smile.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #40 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Jetlag, depending on my workload that day, I *might* be able to pick you up from the airport. Let me see how the rest of the week goes.

If things don't work out, I can pick up Jetlag or anyone else from the airport that afternoon (I get out of class at 12). Just to be 100% sure, SNA = John Wayne?
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, if any Head-Fi'ers want to kill some time in the hours leading up to the tour, whether it's hanging out at the Spectrum or having a mini-meet in the area to warm up the ears, I'll most likely be down for it. Shoot me a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianknewbie
I might be coming -- though UE may wonder if I am stalking them since I am already showing up tomorrow at their Irvine facilities to pick up my UE-10s which are now ready
biggrin.gif

UE-10's already?! We might have mentioned this before, but you need a name change ASAP!
eek.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 66
Hey Peterey, yeah if you can pick up Jetlag that'd be great. It looks like I wouldn't be able to get over there until 2:30 or so.

Also the equipment so far for the after-party is:

BRBJackson
Music Hall MMF CD-25
iPod 4G
Gilmore Lite
Headroom Supreme (mid '90s vintage)
Meier Porta Corda Mk II - on battery
Senn HD-650 with Zu Mobius & fabulous 'Chipping-Paint-on-Headband' mod
biggrin.gif

Headphile woodied and recabled Grado SR225 w/ bowls, Senns and vwaps
Shure E3c
AKG 240M
Sennheiser HD25-SP

Edwood
POSSIBLE:
Grace m902 (amp and dac in one.)
Bel Canto DAC2+ (maybe)
Allesandro MS-2
Battery Powered Pimeta
Laptop Computer with Foobar
DEFINITE:
Etymotics ER-4S (x2)

crazyfrenchman27
MS-2i
Supermacro V3 with various op amps for rolling

foo_me
Benchmark Dac1
UM2
Grado PS-1
Laptop as source
Rudistor RP-33
Supermacro 3
Ipod mini

randytsuch
AKG 1000's
response audio modded Jolida 102b
tweakaudio modded dvd player

rx7_fan
ipod
hd555

jasper994
Shure E2
Shure E5
AKG 240s

ANYONE BRINGING ANYTHING ELSE?

Jun 8, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #43 of 66
Thanks for the ride offers, I'll PM you later with flight time details/cell number, etc. so it makes pickup easier. I have limited time, so will only be popping in for the tour then have to head right back home.

I have actually spoke with Mike D in the past about an order but was hesitant buying without a demo or tril fit. This will take care of both most likely.

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #45 of 66
Good deal, we'll see you there
waytogo.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back