So Cal - Ultimate Ears Factory Tour! 6/10/05
Jun 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 66
Mike at UE stated that the limit was 100, so it's safe to say there's plenty of room. Let me know if you guys can make it, and I'll put you on the 'Confirmed' list.

crazyfrenchman27, N county SD (say Oceanside) to Irvine is only about 45-50 miles via the toll road (73).

Jun 2, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #19 of 66
I very much plan on attending!
k1000smile.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Mike at UE stated that the limit was 100, so it's safe to say there's plenty of room. Let me know if you guys can make it, and I'll put you on the 'Confirmed' list.

crazyfrenchman27, N county SD (say Oceanside) to Irvine is only about 45-50 miles via the toll road (73).

Cool, put me on the confirmed list, if you can.

3:00 p.m. is about traffic time. Is there anywhere to chill in the area for a few hours before making the fateful journey to UE?

I'd likely bring MS-2i and a Supermacro V3 with various op amps for rolling (for the after-party, that is).

-Matt

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #21 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Cool, put me on the confirmed list, if you can.

3:00 p.m. is about traffic time. Is there anywhere to chill in the area for a few hours before making the fateful journey to UE?

I'd likely bring MS-2i and a Supermacro V3 with various op amps for rolling (for the after-party, that is).

-Matt

Actually, UE is right off the 405 at Sand Canyon. No need to use the 73 Toll road. The Irvine Spectrum is off Irvine Center Drive which is one or two exits south of Sand Canyon. There are lots of places to chill if you get there early.

Jun 2, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #22 of 66
Yes, I've requested the day off from work to attend the Ultimate Ears Factory Tour. I'm looking forward to a wonderful visit and learning experience. Please let me know that I've made the "Visitor's List". Cordially, Richard...

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #24 of 66
List has been updated. So far we have (11) confirmed. If you know any of the folks on the list who haven't yet chimed in, can you shoot them a link to this thread? I'll probably send out a mass PM to the unconfirmed next Monday as well.

If posting to confim for the UE tour, please also identify if you're up for the after-party, and if so what you'd be bringing. I know some of you have already, but I need to gauge the total interest to see if it's worthwhile, or if we should wait/choose another venue.

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #26 of 66
Can't get off work, but you guys better be taking lots and lots of pictures!

BTW, how do you audition these custom UE's without earmolds?

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #27 of 66
I may be able to make this, I'm not sure. Put me on the maybe list and if the capacity is reached then you can just bump me off.
icon10.gif

If oneeyedhobbit makes it I would really try to go because I would like to compare our Chinese amps.

Happy Birthday BRBJackson!

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #28 of 66
I am sad to report that I will have to change my status from "maybe" to "not attending"
frown.gif
A family commitment has come up.

I would have really enjoyed seeing the factory...having impressions taken for a potential pair of UE10Pros...meeting a lot of very knowledgeable people...and checking out a lot of cool gear.

So far it's been easy to convince myself that a Rio Karma and a pair of E5c IEMs were all I ever needed. That mentality would have changed forever after meeting some of you
biggrin.gif

Have a great time, and I will be thinking of you. I can't wait to hear a trip report and see the pics.

Thanks to everyone who put time and effort in to organizing this.

Best,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back