SM64 To Replace SM3
Jan 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #76 of 261
Okay after some more A/B-ing with diffrent volume settings, I have to say that the amp really does nothing to the sound.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #78 of 261
right now I can only use the stock bi-flanges and the complys that came with the in-ears. I don't have any other tips that would fit on the small "hose" of the earsonics. I'm using the bi-flanges and I get great seal with them. The small complys are to small for my ears and the big ones tend to hurt a bit after a while (yes, I found some complys that hurt my ears).

Okay "hurt" is a bit exaggerated. They are uncomfortable. And to me, they just seem to muffle the whole sound spectrum, and that is really not what I'm looking for.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #79 of 261
Quote:
Okay after some more A/B-ing with diffrent volume settings, I have to say that the amp really does nothing to the sound.

That's pretty much the case with SM3, too.

We badly need a comparison of the differences in volume between the two and whether the SM64 is usable with something like the Sansa ClipZip, which pairs excellently with the SM3.

Also, does EarSonics plan to cancel the SM3 v2 and substitute it with the SM64?

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #80 of 261
Quote:
right now I can only use the stock bi-flanges and the complys that came with the in-ears. I don't have any other tips that would fit on the small "hose" of the earsonics. I'm using the bi-flanges and I get great seal with them. The small complys are to small for my ears and the big ones tend to hurt a bit after a while (yes, I found some complys that hurt my ears).

Okay "hurt" is a bit exaggerated. They are uncomfortable. And to me, they just seem to muffle the whole sound spectrum, and that is really not what I'm looking for.

You need to try sensorcom double flanges tips , it is a perfect combination with sm3 

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #81 of 261
Oh, I sure will if the Sensorcom website starts working again...

Straight up rock tunes (like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc7YbOPx1Wo ) just sound perfect with the SM64. No, really. I have no idea how songs like this could sound any better with diffrent IEMs.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #82 of 261
Quote:

You need to try sensorcom double flanges tips , it is a perfect combination with sm3 

After EarSonics widened the bore on the stock biflanges they are not much different from the Sensorcom ones and actually I ended up reaching for them more often that the Senso.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #83 of 261
I would also love to hear a comparsion between the SM64 and the Heir 4ai.  (probably won't happen in a loooong time)
They sound so tempting! But with all the taxes they were like 100€ over my budget :/

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #84 of 261
I have sm3v2...and waiting my sm64 to arrived. I really hope the sound is improved. I will do ab-ing comparison soon i received it and will post back in here. :)

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #85 of 261
Finally! Many thanks!

But I somehow doubt that the SM64 is a direct improvement from the SM3 sound signature. It seems to be more like a blend of the EM4 and the EM6 CIEMs.

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #86 of 261
I owned SM3V1 and have EM4 Pro, the difference between them is huge, so if they claimed was true I assumed SM64 has more better upper high and has more lower bass, the presentation is more relaxed due  taller soundstage and better depht. One thing I miss from SM3 is they serve rock music better, guitar sound more airy and the fast drums sounded more dynamic       

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #87 of 261
The SM64 have pretty much all you are asking for. Crispy and accurate guitars, drums are precise and fast, bass that goes pretty low and highs that can go pretty high! The soundstage is super awesome with a lot of depth.
Everything sounds really natural.
But yeah I don't really have something to compare them with, so take this with a grain of salt :p
I sure like them a lot more then my old TF10 (Rest in pieces)

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #88 of 261
Definitely curious to hear your thoughts! For reference, are your SM3s with or without filters?

I have sm3v2...and waiting my sm64 to arrived. I really hope the sound is improved. I will do ab-ing comparison soon i received it and will post back in here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back