SM64 To Replace SM3
Dec 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 261

PolishedLake

New Head-Fier
Alright, so I was emailing Adam Nieses from soundearphones about 30-day moneyback returns saying that I'd likely return my W3's and get SM3's. Here is his response:

"Hello,

You will receive a full refund minus $10 for the cost of Overnight shipping that we incurred when you placed the order. Currently, we do not have any SM3s in stock and will not be receiving more. EarSonics has came out with a new product called the SM64 that we should be receiving very soon.

Thanks!"

Does anybody know anything about the new SM64's? (lol super mario 64...) I searched for the earsonics sm64 on google but so far no results.

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 261
No but loving my SM3 as much as I do I sure would like to know what they are, you should email him back and ask what type of IEM they are.  

You can always get your refund and buy the SM3 V2 from HIDEF Lifestyle on Amazon for $299 which is $50 cheaper than what they are at soundearphones.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 261
Thanks for the info. How is HIDEF Lifestyle with warranty on their earphones? If I needed a replacement due to problems with the SM3's, could I send them back to HIDEF for a replacement or would I need to send them to France? With SoundEarphones, I can always send back to SoundEarphones in Ohio for a replacement and avoid having to deal with international shipping and French customs.

I asked Adam for more information regarding the SM64 and got this in reply: "Unfortunately, they have not given us any information on their new product yet. As soon as we get the info on their new earphones we will have it uploaded onto our website."

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 64's are. From what Adam said, it seems that it'll replace Earsonics' current flagship universal in terms of offerings from Earsonics.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 261
You might want to go to there website and send them an email but I think they have a 1 year warranty and you'd send it back to them not France but I'm not positive about that.

Heres the link - http://www.hideflifestyle.com/

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 261
According to the site they're a 3 way three armature. I assume it's an updated SM3. Exchange rate is awful though, $550. Please.

Unless highdef is replacing the set, the work will all be done in France

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 261
Thanks for the info on the new IEM.  Since it has the same setup as the SM3 I don't see myself getting a pair anytime soon plus I'd like to see what others think of them first though they do seem like there going to be pretty nice from what they say on the website.  I like the fact that the back of the IEM is clear so you can see everything but $550 is a little steep for the 3 BA setup UIEM.

Here's the link for people if you want to read a little about the SM64, http://www.earsonics.com/sm64/

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 261
Quote:

I guess there is a reason behind the new product line. Hoping for an entirel new sound.
Never heard the sm3 though but the dark sound and akward soundstage are keeping me from testing it.

The SM3 isn't really dark imo, yes its got a warm sound but not dark and the soundstage is one of the best parts of the whole presentation.  The only reason I think some say its akward  is because they've never heard an IEM with such good 3D imaging, at first it sounded strange to me but now all my other IEM's don't sound as spacious in comparison.  Its not that the SM3 has the largest soundstage though its above average but the 3D presentation makes them sound much more spacious than they really are and I love it.

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #10 of 261
I will give them a try once they come out here in US. I did not enjoy SM3 V2s much. Mids were too creamy and overall not transparent enough. 3D soundstage was quite overrated too especially after I listened to W4s.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #13 of 261
I think the SM64 will be at a lower cost when other vendors start to carry them because on the Earsonics site they sale the SM3 for like $420 and you can get them for $300 and other places its $350.  If the SM64 is closer to $400 then I might get a pair but I still want to wait for some impressions first anyways.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 261
Quote:
I want to hear the SM64 worse than any IEM I'm reading about ATM, and I also want to make sure I don't get ripped off on dollar store plastic shells again. Will definitely wait for a V2 owner to buy a pair and compare the materials. Count me as skeptic #1.

Yeah they seem like they're going to sound great but like you I'm going to wait for some impressions first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back