SM64 To Replace SM3
Feb 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #166 of 261
The isolation and overall comfort of the SM64 is really awesome. The only thing that might be a bit irritating, is that the y-splitter is a little to high. But I never get the feeling that someone is choking me :p
And if you ask me, the jvc look even more like Frankenstein bolts than the TF10 :-D

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #169 of 261
Quote:
How is the build-quality on the 64? Any EDM listeners that care to share how suited these are to the genre?

Build-quality seems to be very nice :) But I think only time will tell if it is improved compared to the SM3, which quiet a few people seem to have problems with.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #170 of 261
Quote:
How is the build-quality on the 64? Any EDM listeners that care to share how suited these are to the genre?

It appears similar to the um3x, in other words, excellent.  It also seems heavier than my sm3 v2.  Love the transparent side.

I am not an EDM fan (probably too old) but the SM64 is very fast, detailed & has excellent sub-bass.  I'm sure it would kill it.

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #171 of 261
Quote:
It appears similar to the um3x, in other words, excellent.  It also seems heavier than my sm3 v2.  Love the transparent side.

I am not an EDM fan (probably too old) but the SM64 is very fast, detailed & has excellent sub-bass.  I'm sure it would kill it.

Thanks Doc!

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #172 of 261
Been lurking here on head-fi for a long time now, and actually the annoucement of the SM64 is what prompted me to finally register! It seems that I may be tempted to sell the SM3s I have to fund the 'upgrade' or 'side-grade', etc to the SM64. My interest has officially be piqued! :)

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #174 of 261
Got my new SM3 V2 and sent my broken V1s to ES. They sent an email that they got my broken pair and have offered to upgrade to V2s. I figured, since I already have the V2, I asked if they can upgrade to SM64. They any way have the same drivers with different housing and circuitry, it's worth a shot. Waiting on their response and hoping for a positive one. If not, Ill just upgrade to a V2 so I will have a backup. I will not sell them because I am sentimental :)

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #175 of 261
Hi all, just want to chime in that i got mine yesterday with the same packaging as music4life (v1 ?)
I been using sm3v1 for a couple of years and must say, the highs are brighter, soundstage is nicer as well.

Has anyone got back the replacement sm64? Will they reimburse shipping cost?

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #176 of 261
hey guys, thinking of buying one, has anyone found any FR chart for this? Also is the sound V shaped or is it flat. I've read in this thread that the sound is V shaped(I hope that is not the case)

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #177 of 261
Quote:
Hi all, just want to chime in that i got mine yesterday with the same packaging as music4life (v1 ?)
I been using sm3v1 for a couple of years and must say, the highs are brighter, soundstage is nicer as well.

Has anyone got back the replacement sm64? Will they reimburse shipping cost?

From Jan 29, 2013 every shipped SM64 is the new version.  Look at the date on your invoice.

If it is the old version, you pay shipping to Earsonics.  They modify & ship to you.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #178 of 261
Quote:
hey guys, thinking of buying one, has anyone found any FR chart for this? Also is the sound V shaped or is it flat. I've read in this thread that the sound is V shaped(I hope that is not the case)

I would not consider it v shaped.  The mids are typical of Earsonics - full and lush.  It's just that we can't believe they have made an IEM with sparkle.

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #179 of 261
Thanks Gasdoc.
Im gonna send mine back to ES for replacement to V2.
After listening for few hours of mostly edm (driven by my RSA Shadow), i felt it does not have the creamy mids provided by the SM3v1. Thus losing much of its body.
Dont mistaken though, the highs are marked improvement and lows are well extended, just without that added punch that i used to love from SM3.

Volume wise, I had to turn up a few steps on my Shadow to match the loudness of my SM3.

Hopefully, the V2 will sound much better and easier to drive.

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #180 of 261
Quote:
Thanks Gasdoc.
Im gonna send mine back to ES for replacement to V2.
After listening for few hours of mostly edm (driven by my RSA Shadow), i felt it does not have the creamy mids provided by the SM3v1. Thus losing much of its body.
Dont mistaken though, the highs are marked improvement and lows are well extended, just without that added punch that i used to love from SM3.

Volume wise, I had to turn up a few steps on my Shadow to match the loudness of my SM3.

Hopefully, the V2 will sound much better and easier to drive.

I would send them a quick e-mail to double check the date.  I would hate to mislead you.  The tech I e-mailed said Jan 29, 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back