Skullcandy Crusher: Any Thoughts?
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #31 of 39
To make the crushers sound better youd have to change the driver. With that said now imagine having something that already sounds amazing with bass that semi cheap like the Sony XB-450 and take that 40mm driver and replace the crushers 40mm driver with it. You will not only feel the bass but hear it as well.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #32 of 39
To make the crushers sound better youd have to change the driver. With that said now imagine having something that already sounds amazing with bass that semi cheap like the Sony XB-450 and take that 40mm driver and replace the crushers 40mm driver with it. You will not only feel the bass but hear it as well.

Way to revive this thread 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #38 of 39
Have you heard the crushers before without the battery...its a flat sound that is ugly....the drivers are crap... My point was that if you put the studio drivers in it would sound a load better in everything

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #39 of 39
no useful augmented bass [from the bass exciter element] below about 40 cycles, hence it is a boomy mid-bass type of sound that is maybe a useful thing for most newer pops/techno/rap/hip-hop and the like, but much less so for jazz, classical and other musical genres. I would have liked them to give the bass exciter element more to do in the bottom octave where the real action begins. the headphones put out decently extended bass by themselves even without the batteries, though you can always hear the bass exciter element's resonance at roughly 60 cycles, as it provides a slight overhang onto any bass note in the vicinity. to make them musical [IOW to open up their sound] to my ear required much EQ, a boost in the treble starting at about 2k cycles on up, and a cut in the low mids, otherwise they sounded veiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back