Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone
Aug 27, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:
I did want to mention I got a nice package in the mail today.  My review will be posted on the blog I work for in the next couple of weeks.  I'm not giving detailed impressions for a few days though (need to burn in and adjust).  Comparisons will only be done once the review has been posted.  Take a look below to see a pic...
 ​

http://picasion.com/pic57/ec0067497d89765eeea45cb82e3d9c12.gif

Seems the gif quality for upload isn't that great...  Use the link above.  Since this is the Tai Chi thread, I'll give the Tai Chi image below:
 ​
 ​

Ha! The gif is crappy but fun to see a crappy gif though.

BTW looking forward to your review. I believe many are waiting for your impression with DN-19 final edition.

In the mean time, I will arrange DN-19 to some veterans including CileOS, Tomscy2000, Joker etc soon.

Cheers,
Rocky 

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #18 of 34
Recieved the Tai Chi today!

Here is the unboxing:

Also love that accessory case!

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #21 of 34
My review has been posted on the blog I write for: http://www.ifans.com/blog/56976/

Here's a quick summery of what I found while playing with the dampers and tips.  This is not in the review (head-fi exclusive I guess... for now)!  The tips have two types, grey and black.  The dampers can be in or out.  The sound can be tuned accordingly to create many different combinations:
  1. Black tips, no dampers
  2. Black tips, dampers
  3. Grey tips, no dampers
  4. Grey tips, dampers

The bolded text above defines what Dunu suggests you do (it creates two extremes of sound).

Tips and Dampers and their effects on the audio spectrum.  The tips make the biggest impact however, the dampers a smaller, but audible one.  Each one adds and subtracts different areas of the spectrum, so I’ll sum them up below.

Tips
  1. Grey: the grey tips add focus onto the lower and upper mids while decreasing the small resonance spike in the highs.  This results in better detailing in the highs and mids as well as clarity, but a loss of sweetness.
  2. Black: the black tips increase the lower bass (not the sub) creating a better thump.  The midrange detailing is dropped as is clarity.  The vocals are at the same levels, but the spike in the highs has increased increasing sweetness.

Dampers
  1. On: with the dampers on, the sub-bass is put into more control, as is the low bass.  The sub-bass textures become more delicate, but also still have good presence.  The mid bass becomes the focus here offering a quicker, more accurate punch.
  2. Off: with the dampers off, the sub-bass is put into more focus, as is the low bass.  The texturing and impact is increased greatly.  The punch is not lost, but doesn’t become the focus.  The speed and accuracy of the bass hits lowers a bit.

I do not give full impressions in the review for things that Dunu didn't recommend doing (but did them myself; results above).  So you'll only get the grey tips with dampers and black tips no dampers sound impressions in the review.  The above should give you a better idea of what each does. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:
My review has been posted on the blog I write for: http://www.ifans.com/blog/56976/

Here's a quick summery of what I found while playing with the dampers and tips.  This is not in the review (head-fi exclusive I guess... for now)!  The tips have two types, grey and black.  The dampers can be in or out.  The sound can be tuned accordingly to create many different combinations:
  1. Black tips, no dampers
  2. Black tips, dampers
  3. Grey tips, no dampers
  4. Grey tips, dampers

The bolded text above defines what Dunu suggests you do (it creates two extremes of sound).

Actually , we encourage to try the different combination just not specifically wrote it down. We expect DN-19 to be not only high quality earphones but also fun to play model.

For people like me love balance sound with a little bit stronger bass, I would recommend the other two mix way you mention.

BTW according to our engineer, Comply T 500 is compatible with DN-19. It's fun to try with that, too. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #24 of 34
Just did a quick listening to Tai Chi and I am totally impressed.

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:
Actually , we encourage to try the different combination just not specifically wrote it down. We expect DN-19 to be not only high quality earphones but also fun to play model.

For people like me love balance sound with a little bit stronger bass, I would recommend the other two mix way you mention.

BTW according to our engineer, Comply T 500 is compatible with DN-19. It's fun to try with that, too. 

Ah, OK.  Experimentation is always fun :wink: 

Quote:
Just did a quick listening to Tai Chi and I am totally impressed.

Tai Chi impressed me a lot. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

X4

I just can't resist it and bought it several days ago. It's pretty good product as you guys suggested.

Below is my impression. If you don't agree with my view, please let me know.

I just tried to write my First earphone impression in English XD.

Nice budget tunable Earphone DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi

Pros: Great for value, Tunable, some earphone just add tuning feature but somehow fails. It's with great price and loads of accessories
Cons: A little bit humble in the appearance. Brand is not so well know. It's not so easy to show off your new toy.

Just give a general impression.

DN-19 is basically overall 4.5 out of 5 earphone. It 's pretty good in every aspects but can't call the most outstanding model in separated field.It's not fancy enough to beat Monsters. Not clear as ER4P etc. However, it has generally the most comfortable, neutral sound. It's not harsh at all. Low might be a little bit more than average. Tunable feature is yet another pretty cool feature. You can adjust it to get the sound you prefer without needing to pay two pair of earphones.

Considering the fact in earphone market that if you want to get higher performance, You have to pay at least 2 to N~~~~~ times of money to get the extra 0.5 star in the end. I guess it's one of the best to buy with $100 ~ 200 price range. Great choice to advance to Mid-end  price range but with High end performance.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Tinyman any suggestion on inserting the damper. Thought there should be better ways to install it other than using thumb.

Still using a thump and a twist :wink:  So no other suggestions really XD  Can't think of much of anything else :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back