Shure vs Ety's?
Jul 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #16 of 98
FWIW... I have had e2c's for about 5 years, had to have it replaced once during the first year due to a short in the cables, but they have been sturdy birdies since with heavy use.

I Krammer modded my e2c's and it improved the highs quite a bit as well, bass is still OK.

I may have crazy shaped ears, but the Shure's go in instantly and stay in, also the isolation is A+++

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What mods are there for the ER6i, besides getting the Shure Olives(btw amazon is like selling them for 16usd, is there anywhere else selling it cheaper?

What kind of mods do you have in mind, exactly? The Er6i aren't exactly JVC marshmallows, so I don't think people experiment on them very much.

Olives can be a bit hard to find at a discount. Amazon and Shure charge about the same. They pop up on ebay quite rarely at a slightly lower price, and occasionally on the FS forums here too.

Edit: FYI Model number is Shure pa910s for the older series and EABKF1-10S / EABKF1-10M / EABKF1-10L for the newer ones

Edit: Cool, Butterfly Photo has the small/medium ones quite cheap with free conus shipping.

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #21 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is wrong with the Denon C710 or C551? Both are a delight to use with nice lows and fun highs.

And you know this how?

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #23 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by duanepo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ER6i already sounds very good with the shure olives mod. that's if you love the ety sound signature....

Do you know how similar or different it from Sennheiser? Generally speaking that is.

Jul 26, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #24 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is wrong with the Denon C710 or C551? Both are a delight to use with nice lows and fun highs.

aright out of curiosity could you tell more about them? Or someone else if you are just lying?

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #25 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by battleaxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aright out of curiosity could you tell more about them? Or someone else if you are just lying?

Theres a C710 review in a recent multi-IEM comparo thread. Just search the forums. As for the 551, they are generally considered a quite nice basshead's earphone.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #28 of 98
You are suggesting something that I can't seem to find a review for.
It seems like it just came out. Care to provide a review for them since you seem to know so much about them /end sarcasm.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #29 of 98
I did read the review of the C710 and they seemed very positive and if had cash in that range I would be looking at it. Coldmack someone got me wondering just a bit about these C360, I haven't see any reviews for them, but kind of want to know more about them as they priced at 30usd.

Also a friend of mines said they can use their employee discount and get Shure SE210 for 65, are they worth the extra 15 vs the ER6i? The place he works at also have the SE115 for $40. I still have a feeling for my needs the ER6i are better but I just want to look at all my options before I make a final decision that sticks.
Thanks

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #30 of 98
comparing both the sennheiser's sound signature and the ety's sound sig is quite different.
some regard the Etymotic signature as the "king of classical". In other words, DETAILS are their specialty.

the Sennheiser on the other hand specializes in dynamic driver IEMS, which means, more bass compared to ety's balanced armature drivers. but the higher end senneisers(IE 7 and IE8) can really handle both bass and details very well.

i honestly fell in love with both the ety and senn sound signature. it actually depends what kind of music i listen to. your call... ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back