Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #9,001 of 22,954
Anyone interested in the sensaphonics custom sleeves, they have a discount going on now, the NAMM promotion. Code is NAMMSleeves, $25 off (usual $150). Not sure if it applies if you want custom colours
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm interested, but it will take a while before my ear comes back to norm... 

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #9,002 of 22,954
  You don't. MBPr's have excellent sound output to begin with and *** I have mine at 1-4 volume bars depending on what time of day I'm using it. 

+1 Sound output on all my Apple devices are great. You should just spend the money on getting custom sleeves, that would improve the sound much more. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #9,004 of 22,954

I'm interested, but it will take a while before my ear comes back to norm... 

Can always order first, send impressions later? :p

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #9,005 of 22,954
Orders to claim NAMM price specials (on all our IEMs as well as SCS and Musicians Earplugs) must be placed by EOB next Friday, January 30.

Even better: If you're at the NAMM Show, you can also get free ear impressions in the booth (with order). Plus, we'd love to meet you! (Sorry; can't extend that offer beyond the show floor.)

Custom colors are still a $50 option, but the $25 discount on the overall order still applies.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #9,007 of 22,954
  Orders to claim NAMM price specials (on all our IEMs as well as SCS and Musicians Earplugs) must be placed by EOB next Friday, January 30.

Even better: If you're at the NAMM Show, you can also get free ear impressions in the booth (with order). Plus, we'd love to meet you! (Sorry; can't extend that offer beyond the show floor.)

Custom colors are still a $50 option, but the $25 discount on the overall order still applies.

That's a nice offer, but don't you have to be a member of the trade to attend the show?

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #9,009 of 22,954
Ahwwwww man I'm so anxious to receive my Hugo ☺️.......I can't wait ......it's killing me :confounded:.....

A colleague, who's always been very happy with his DX90, came by to my desk today randomly and said, can I try your Hugo? 

Should have been there to catch his jaw dropping. Last I checked in on him, he was scheming to sell all his gear to fund the Chord DAC/AMP. Lol.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #9,010 of 22,954
A colleague, who's always been very happy with his DX90, came by to my desk today randomly and said, can I try your Hugo? 

Should have been there to catch his jaw dropping. Last I checked in on him, he was scheming to sell all his gear to fund the Chord DAC/AMP. Lol.

Yes I'm trying to wait patiently......it's really hard .....because I knew it was going to be very good before it even came out....I haven't even heard it yet just going to purchase ......I did the same with the AK 240s I had they were good too was going to use it as a transport but I got fed up with the small issues with the player....it plays music so well it's just the little things that bothered me about it as well as the fact they haven't incorporated any of the other features they've been promising forever yet they keep dropping new models and different varieties of the 240.....just got the feeling they should be doing more for the money....but I'm spoiled from Apples hardware ..... if they do music they should do it well which they do but they should really take care of the hardware issues and other bugs quickly...

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #9,011 of 22,954
  Can always order first, send impressions later? :p

I wanted to order through our Golden Circle audiologist, just asked her if we could make a "pre-order".

But you are right.. I think I might as well just order right now... 

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #9,013 of 22,954
Just ordered a pair of clear sleeves, with $25 promotion it totaled $133 with 2-day USPS Priority shipping. Not bad. I'll just take the order details to the audiologist and let her ship the impressions for me.

Now I just need to get my ears fixed.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #9,014 of 22,954
Torn between dx90 and sony a17. 3d soundstage, imaging, and detail retreval are most important. Loved dx90 when i had it , but if sony is close in sound id take it for its smaller size. Someone mentioned sony was bat match because of the ohms but im not well educated on that

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #9,015 of 22,954
Just ordered a pair of clear sleeves, with $25 promotion it totaled $133 with 2-day USPS Priority shipping. Not bad. I'll just take the order details to the audiologist and let her ship the impressions for me.

Now I just need to get my ears fixed.

That is an amazing price for the clear/opaque SCS. Good luck regarding the healing of your ears and the impression process. As long as they are fully healed, you should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back