Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #8,056 of 22,954
Have to say, of course IMO and YMMV, that to me these Shures are on a completely different level to the IE800...

Just run the two side by side, and - quite laughable difference, of course tonal balance / presentation / forwardness are subjective, and up to each individual, however - this is so on the money for me that it isn't even funny...

Wish I hadn't wasted (harsh sentiment, but that is what it feels like) a year of my life with the Senns...

Haha, wonder what I'll be saying that about in 12 months time...

Yeah, most SE846 owners that listened to the IE800 earlier in the thread voiced our opinions regarding the two.  Definitely YMMV, but in my opinion, the IE800 isn't on the same level when dealing with every nuance of the SE846, especially the visceral bass experience the SE846 delivers.  Insert the SCS into the SE846, and it becomes comparable to much - much more expensive TOTL models like the UE18 Pro, JH Roxanne (SE and Balanced), Tralucent Audio Reference 1 and Noble Audio K10, in my honest opinion.

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #8,057 of 22,954
  The same thing happened to me the first time I had pizza that wasn't from Dominoes. Ha!

When you come to Cali, I'm going to take you to this pizza place in So. Cal called Aloha Pizza & Shaved Ice Company.  I know you mentioned NY has the best pizza, but I believe that this will prove (or maybe not) that Cali pizza can be very very tasty!

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #8,058 of 22,954

When you come to Cali, I'm going to take you to this pizza place in So. Cal called Aloha Pizza & Shaved Ice Company.  I know you mentioned NY has the best pizza, but I believe that this will prove (or maybe not) that Cali pizza can be very very tasty!

I just can't do Pineapple on a pizza....

...but then I like Anchovies...

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #8,059 of 22,954

Oh, I believe it. Cali's restaurant scene is as renown as NY's.
biggrin.gif
 Nothing better than chowing down on some pizza with the SE846 in my ears. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #8,060 of 22,954

I just can't do Pineapple on a pizza....

...but then I like Anchovies...

Surprisingly, I've never had pineapple on pizza. There's a few places that does the Hawaiian pizza thing in NY, but most of them just do the regular Margherita pies with fresh basil. Personally, I'll take prosciutto & arugula over anything else. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #8,061 of 22,954
  Oh, I believe it. Cali's restaurant scene is as renown as NY's.
biggrin.gif
 Nothing better than chowing down on some pizza with the SE846 in my ears. 
wink_face.gif

Okay good...glad you understand that!
wink_face.gif
 You'll love it for sure.  Across in the same plaza is Honey Boba, where they have teas, smoothies, and other drinks as well that can be added with different types of bobas and jellys.  Scrumptious!

Surprisingly, I've never had pineapple on pizza. There's a few places that does the Hawaiian pizza thing in NY, but most of them just do the regular Margherita pies with fresh basil. Personally, I'll take prosciutto & arugula over anything else. 
bigsmile_face.gif

The Aloha Pizza Company has all types of pizza, but if you want the items you described, you'll have to go to Blaze Pizza, in the next city over - now that place is the business as well!!  You can put as many toppings as you want on it, and they make it for you, ala Subway style, and they have like 40 toppings and different doughs to choose from.  Both places will make you hypnotized with awe!

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #8,065 of 22,954
  Please don't talk about food. I am trying to lose weight!.

You should eat certain foods that will help you to lose weight easier.  As long as you burn off more (calories) than you'll consume, you'll be okay.  If you really need help, PM me! 
normal_smile .gif

You mean you don't take off your socks when you shower? 
blink.gif

I was kidding by the way, I don't eat with IEMs on. 
tongue_smile.gif

It's easier to eat with the SCS because the vacuum-like seal doesn't get broken, so I don't mind eating snacks with the SE846 in my ears.  I like food, and listening to my SE846, so it's a win-win combination that goes well together - especially when you put the cable behind you or in your shirt (as that's what kids out here do so their earpod cables aren't exposed past their necks).

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #8,068 of 22,954
There is something seriously wrong with you!!!

I hate anchovies, I can't stand when customers order a pie with chovies... The smell alone makes me want to vomit.

It like them on maybe 2 pies a year - no more.. But at least they are italian - putting fruit on a pizza? That's an issue.  No "tomatoes are a fruit" logic guys - not buying that, nope... 

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #8,069 of 22,954

It like them on maybe 2 pies a year - no more.. But at least they are italian - putting fruit on a pizza? That's an issue.  No "tomatoes are a fruit" logic guys - not buying that, nope... 

Well, in the culinary world, tomatoes are classified as a vegetable. 
tongue_smile.gif
 I think I can do fruit on pizza though. I love savory foods, like how Europeans pair berries and other fruits with their meats, I can't get enough of that. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 One schnitzel with Lingonberry sauce, please.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #8,070 of 22,954
Sweet + savory is a global culinary theme.  Pineapple on pizza is an example.  

Anchovies, however, are not actually `culinary`, they are objects, rejected by catfood manufacturers, for failing quality-control parameters.  After collection and disposal, they are squeezed into tins and re-sold to the unwary.  

I sold my SE846 a few days ago, so I shouldn`t even be here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back