Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #4,457 of 22,945
Question: How do I go about ordering get the full size shell sensaphonics custom molds? I see the regular sleeves but not specifically the full size.

When you (or your audiologist) orders them, the SCS by default will now be created "full shell".

Also, try to make sure to use (if you can) the Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologist in your area. You can find out more about selecting one here: http://www.sensaphonics.com/sensaphonics-audiologist-network

Since I see that you live in North Carolina, I went ahead and looked for the audiologists in your state, and out of the 5 I found, 2 of them have the Gold Circle. I would call/email both of them and pick the one you feel is best for you and/or is closest to you:

North Carolina

Asheville Audiology Services
Cynthia Earle
Asheville
828-277-5677 – Email: audioash@bellsouth.net

Hearing Solutions in the Triangle
Anita M. Carroll
Chapel Hill
919-403-3277 – Email: info@hearingsolutionstriangle.com

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #4,458 of 22,945
When you (or your audiologist) orders them, the SCS by default will now be created "full shell".

Also, try to make sure to use (if you can) the Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologist in your area. You can find out more about selecting one here: http://www.sensaphonics.com/sensaphonics-audiologist-network

Since I see that you live in North Carolina, I went ahead and looked for the audiologists in your state, and out of the 5 I found, 2 of them have the Gold Circle. I would call/email both of them and pick the one you feel is best for you and/or is closest to you:

North Carolina

Cynthia Earle
Asheville

Anita M. Carroll
Chapel Hill

I used to live in Greensboro and I rode my Suzuki 1100 CC all over NC. Nice hills and express ways.

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #4,459 of 22,945
  I used to live in Greensboro and I rode my Suzuki 1100 CC all over NC. Nice hills and express ways.

Cool.  I want to hang out with my wrestling coach friend who owns some property in the Carolinas.  My only experience of that area is watching "House Hunters" on HGTV.  Disclaimer, I only watch this show when my fiance turns it on and watches it, as I would rather watch something MMA related, but it isn't a half bad show. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #4,460 of 22,945
Maybe about the same. They seem to be stiffer but the wire is thinner overall and the plastic wrapping around it is firmer but the Shure is softer but thicker. It's not as bad as it seems to be in reviews. It's a little firmer than the Westone braided cables if you're familiar.

I had an issue with my left ear cutting out but I used some electronic cleaner and a qtip on all the connectors and its working fine now.

What you mean on the cutting out is stethoscope effect? There is lots of complaint on the Fiio cable providing bad stethoscope effect, this make me to holding the purchasing the cable.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #4,461 of 22,945
What you mean on the cutting out is[COLOR=333333] stethoscope effect? There is lots of complaint on the Fiio cable providing bad stethoscope effect, this make me to holding the purchasing the cable.[/COLOR]

I had the issue where it'd cut out if I held it a certain way. With a qtip and some electronic cleaner it fixed it completely. I haven't had a single problem with connection since then. I did order a replacement cable because the braiding bear the tip doesn't seem as tight as I'd like and I'm afraid it'd wear out faster than usual.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #4,462 of 22,945

North Carolina

Cynthia Earle
Asheville

Anita M. Carroll
Chapel Hill

Yeah, thanks! I've been eyeing that list. Wonder if I could schedule an ear checkup appointment and see if I could lower the cost of molds with insurance. Doubt it but it'd be worth a try.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #4,465 of 22,945
I had the issue where it'd cut out if I held it a certain way. With a qtip and some electronic cleaner it fixed it completely. I haven't had a single problem with connection since then. I did order a replacement cable because the braiding bear the tip doesn't seem as tight as I'd like and I'm afraid it'd wear out faster than usual.

I see~~ I think I gonna hunt around for few cables first than only decide which to purchase, thanks again for your very helpful info

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #4,466 of 22,945
Yeah, thanks! I've been eyeing that list. Wonder if I could schedule an ear checkup appointment and see if I could lower the cost of molds with insurance. Doubt it but it'd be worth a try.

Happy to help, Jazic. I was able to use my co-pay to pay for ear wax extraction at my local urgent care (you need to make sure all wax is out of your ear canals before you get impressions), but when it came to the actual ear impressions, wasn't able to use insurance.

Maybe one of your gold circle audiologists will accept some form of insurance, not sure. It is worth a try to at least inquire. I haven't heard of anyone on here getting a gold circle audiologist to accept insurance for ear impressions, my guess would be the most an audiologist would accept insurance for would be for health-related activities such as ear checkups, ear wax extraction and the like.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #4,467 of 22,945
Hi guys, I recently bought another pair IEM, I notice the Shure gives me louder volumes when listening to the same sound. I have to turn the volume down by at least 10db to match up with the other pair. I know all IEMs are different, but 10db in sensitives ? That is a lot.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #4,468 of 22,945
  Hi guys, I recently bought another pair IEM, I notice the Shure gives me louder volumes when listening to the same sound. I have to turn the volume down by at least 10db to match up with the other pair. I know all IEMs are different, but 10db in sensitives ? That is a lot.

Included in the box is a volume control to give you a secondary volume control for more control. 

Another option would be something like this: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETYMOTIC-ER4P-TO-ER4S-RESISTOR-ADAPTOR-3-5MM-PLUG-/290372905689

I have no idea where to get them or how much they cost but with some searching they can be found just like anything on the interwebs. 

EDIT: I found it on the interwebs in less than a minute and changed the link. 

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #4,469 of 22,945
Just a question here, is it worth spending US200-400 for 846 cable?

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #4,470 of 22,945
  Just a question here, is it worth spending US200-400 for 846 cable?

If spook76, M Coupe, or any others who have the Headphone Lounge Silver Litz cables reads your question, I'm sure they would unequivocally respond with: yes!

I will let you know on this thread once I receive my Silver Litz.  I'm pretty sure I'll be saying "yes" as well! *crosses fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back