Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,986 of 4,022
  its A flat Frequency Response amp, extremely transparent, with excellent bass boost implication. probably the best bass implication.

My vote is for the C5 as well.  To my ears an ideal pairing with the 535's.  In addition, the price is right, and the JDS customer service is second to none.  No downside.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,987 of 4,022

My vote is for the C5 as well.  To my ears an ideal pairing with the 535's.  In addition, the price is right, and the JDS customer service is second to none.  No downside.

yep, i enjoyed my c5 when i had it, i loved the bass implication, also the gain.

i loved my c421 also it was a excellent imo a contender to the c5 they both had their strong points.

plus build quality is exceptional, esp for the price

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #2,988 of 4,022
  yep, i enjoyed my c5 when i had it, i loved the bass implication, also the gain.

i loved my c421 also it was a excellent imo a contender to the c5 they both had their strong points.

plus build quality is exceptional, esp for the price

SO you guys recommend the c5 and it is better than RSA amp .... cool 
normal_smile .gif

is it provides the deeper bass response & sound stage that i seek from my 535 ....and i wont need an upgrade after that ? 

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #2,989 of 4,022
  SO you guys recommend the c5 and it is better than RSA amp .... cool 
normal_smile%20.gif

is it provides the deeper bass response & sound stage that i seek from my 535 ....and i wont need an upgrade after that ? 

if you use the bass boost yes it has excellent bass boost..

its hard to say as far as rsa vs jds  i feel amps arent better but different. you want a transparent amp or a coloured amp?

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,990 of 4,022
mmmmmmm sorry guys i think i am new with this definitions .....when i said transparent i meant preserves all details of sound ....not muddy..... not unclear something like that !
redface.gif

is colored do all that ??!! but the frequency response not flat or what ?!!

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #2,991 of 4,022
  mmmmmmm sorry guys i think i am new with this definitions .....when i said transparent i meant preserves all details of sound ....not muddy..... not unclear something like that !
redface.gif

is colored do all that ??!! but the frequency response not flat or what ?!!

Frequency response is pretty much flat against the bost, no one frequency is bumped more than another. so low mids and highs are all Flat on frequency scale.

Transparent means that it doesnt add colour to the sound, doesnt add synthetic frequency responses...how the music was recorded is how the music sounds through the amp....in a sense you are right by not adding what isnt supposed to be there you get the details in sound.

are you looking for a coloured amp?

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #2,994 of 4,022
I guess because I bought a pair used here, without receipt I was not expecting much from Shure
Glad they stand behind their products . Without receipt , Shure will fix using production dates ( 2 years) per rep on the phone -

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #2,995 of 4,022

Frequency response is pretty much flat against the bost, no one frequency is bumped more than another. so low mids and highs are all Flat on frequency scale.

Transparent means that it doesnt add colour to the sound, doesnt add synthetic frequency responses...how the music was recorded is how the music sounds through the amp....in a sense you are right by not adding what isnt supposed to be there you get the details in sound.

are you looking for a coloured amp?

thanks for your useful explanation ^_^ i appreciate it a lot .....and yes in that case i would like a colored one for my ipod ...i guess i would buy the two amps one transparent and one colored 
L3000.gif
 for diffrent moods and geners !!! 

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #2,996 of 4,022
thanks for your useful explanation ^_^ i appreciate it a lot .....and yes in that case i would like a colored one for my ipod ...i guess i would buy the two amps one transparent and one colored :L3000:  for diffrent moods and geners !!! 

I do not know your budget but the best "flavored" amp for the SE535 is the RSA Protector. It will give you a lush tube like sound especially at the low end. Also, if you decide down the road to get balanced terminated cables it has both single ended as well as balanced output.

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #2,997 of 4,022
I do not know your budget but the best "flavored" amp for the SE535 is the RSA Protector. It will give you a lush tube like sound especially at the low end. Also, if you decide down the road to get balanced terminated cables it has both single ended as well as balanced output.

it is out of my budget for now ...as importing it would cost me about 620 $ 
confused_face.gif
 !!!!! my budget without the screwing importing fees about 300-350$ ...but it may be worth waiting for it and burning money !! 
rolleyes.gif
 ...don't know yet

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #2,998 of 4,022

i Never tried the protector, BUT love RSA.

I personally have the RSA sr-71b and its a Beast and it sound phenomenal with the se535 but at $650.00 what do you expect. and well it sounds phenomenal with anything you throw at it really.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2,999 of 4,022
I saw someone today who wore his Shure SE535 with the cables running from the back  (so the cables are not meeting at the front). Is this the best way to wear it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back