shure 530's vs triple.fi 10's
Oct 23, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #31 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha that is really interesting comment I feel exactly the opposite I felt the voice was a little distant on the shure's

I'd agree. I thought that the voice was much more realistic on the triple.fi's than the Shures. I think it probably varies from recording to recording. I also think that there's a difference between sounding good and sounding accurate. I usually listen for accuracy, which (to me) means that it's closest to what's actually on the recording. Something may "sound better" to some people, but it may not be accurate. I don't happen to think the Shures are very accurate even though they sound very good.

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #32 of 104
yeah I don't have it in my sig I need to add it but I currently have shure 530's and tf10's with livewires on there way. At this point I only have one headphone left to get which is the ue-11's which I will buy in the next year unless someone tops those
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #33 of 104
so how would you compare the shures vs the tf10?
i tried ue 5 pro and then went to the 530 because the UE make my ears hurt, too much cutting highs. could not listen them more then 10 min:/
Maibe i should have tried comply foams...btw are tf10 the same'?

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #34 of 104
def comply foams are much better and maybe it is just my ears but whatever size the comply's are they fit my ears absolutely perfect and more comfortable then the shures (my ears are like between sizes
smily_headphones1.gif
) and tf10 same with what? Highs? I love the highs on the tf10's not harsh at all for me but remember I am using a amp so that may make a difference I am unaware of

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #35 of 104
i got both and i to be honest both are amazing. but i like the sound signature of tf 10 little better, se530 sound more boring IMO.

its hard to describe with words but this is the feeling i get when i hear both iems( i own both atm and can compare them same time)

shure se530

-vocals and bass more forward and bass covers the highs a little so it gives a warm, lush sound signature
-maybe its better for singers in practicing because they need to concentrate on vocals and with bass stay in rythm (i.e rappers, r&b singers etc..)

tf10

-all sounds balanced
-in my opinion its more fun to listen
-it also gives a feeling that sound is coming from something larger, more detailed, its still soft and rich but brighter than shure.

hope this helps

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #36 of 104
thanks for you lovely post I agree with that though I think the vocals sound pretty close I don't think they are as close as the bass feels
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by prscustom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got both and i to be honest both are amazing. but i like the sound signature of tf 10 little better, se530 sound more boring IMO.

its hard to describe with words but this is the feeling i get when i hear both iems( i own both atm and can compare them same time)

shure se530

-vocals and bass more forward and bass covers the highs a little so it gives a warm, lush sound signature
-maybe its better for singers in practicing because they need to concentrate on vocals and with bass stay in rythm (i.e rappers, r&b singers etc..)

tf10

-all sounds balanced
-in my opinion its more fun to listen
-it also gives a feeling that sound is coming from something larger, more detailed, its still soft and rich but brighter than shure.

hope this helps

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #37 of 104
i would try the TF10 but i'm scared of losing the basses!

At the end i'm half way to be a bass head, i so like 530 basses but would have a clearer sound sometimes.

Any advice ?:/

Consider i have a go vibe petite on his way to me, maibe i can increase the TF10's basses with it.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #42 of 104
well if you decide you like the shure's more return the tf10's but if the other way then sell and also make sure you give urself time to adjust to the new sound signature but I like my tf10's over my shure's since the get go but they are close

Users who are viewing this thread

Back