shure 530's vs triple.fi 10's
Dec 30, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #92 of 104
I know that where i can get a 3.5 mm adapter for the one end of the cable but where can i purchase those two prong plugs that get inserted into the TF 10 IEMs themselves......also did you buy a spool of jena wire .....25 feet goes for about $125 and if so did you use the whole spool.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #95 of 104
you do not wanna use a solid silver wire in a headphone cable. I believe the only place where a solid silver cable belongs is in the ground of a lod cable to be honest with you. For a headphone cable you want everything to be stranded and for tf10's your going to want to use copper which imo gives the cans the best balance possible

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #96 of 104
I thought the null was a solid silver braid but i will take your word for it and go copper with jena. I get my TF 10 at the end of the month they are on back order from amazon for 310 no tax free shiping ,Qusp made me a really good LOD and i have a P-51 mustang ....i just have to get the right comply tips and make or buy a IEM Cable. I am new to this and want to make the right decision before spending the money.

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #99 of 104
Jena is significantly better then the null cable and also I don't like how the null cable tends to hold its bends and feels cheap in my hands. It is easy to roll just it won't be able to fold as small as a thinner cable would if needed I can post up some pictures displaying it

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #100 of 104
I think i can imagine what u trying to imply. Those Jena are multiple strain cables, right? With 3 cables on each channel, definitely flashy and suit the banana shaped IEM well haha.

Btw, if it's really 3 strain of cable each channel, ever think of sleeving it?

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #101 of 104
there is 4 wires in the cable a signal and ground on each channel hence why there is 2 prongs on the connector I would not consider sleeving because all that would do is cover up my gorgeous cable and make it less flexible
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back