Shozy Zero IEMs
Sep 14, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #1,381 of 1,545
The Zero's have completely replaced my entire over-ear closed back solutions. It's light, I don't have to worry about earpad flaking, it's not hot, the isolation is great and they work better stationary than on the go. They're definitely basshead earbuds when amped and EQ'd.
Are there any full sized headphones that sound like the Zero's?

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #1,382 of 1,545
I just acquired this and can say that I'm pleasantly surprised with the performance. Very balanced sound and for this price, it's pretty clean and have a decent amount of details. I liked this signature! This is really a good value at $50, even at $100-200 range it can still compete very well.

The only complain I have is the driver flexing when inserting the earphone, other than that, the build quality is excellent. :)

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,383 of 1,545
I just acquired this and can say that I'm pleasantly surprised with the performance. Very balanced sound and for this price, it's pretty clean and have a decent amount of details. I liked this signature! This is really a good value at $50, even at $100-200 range it can still compete very well.

The only complain I have is the driver flexing when inserting the earphone, other than that, the build quality is excellent.
smily_headphones1.gif

Totally can agree with these statements! 

One trick I do is pull my ear slightly to not create an inverse air pressure within so that I can insert the IEM without causing driver flex. 

The wood looks pretty sexy.

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #1,384 of 1,545
  The Zero's have completely replaced my entire over-ear closed back solutions. It's light, I don't have to worry about earpad flaking, it's not hot, the isolation is great and they work better stationary than on the go. They're definitely basshead earbuds when amped and EQ'd.
Are there any full sized headphones that sound like the Zero's?

imo some older headphones like hd600 may have a similar signature

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #1,385 of 1,545
  imo some older headphones like hd600 may have a similar signature

Totally agree on this one. 

ShozyZero reminds a bit of HD600 and HD650 in many aspects. 

I'm one to love bright headphones - like HD800 or audeze EL8C, but HD600 and HD650 do have a large fan base

By the way, I've wrapped up a little review for ShozyZero, images incoming in a bit!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-zero-iem/reviews/17077

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #1,386 of 1,545
I was messing around tonight picking my bum, dug Shozy Zero out and plugged them into Cayin i5. These little earphones are still awesome.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,387 of 1,545
Here's a new review which is not too raving about Zero: http://www.audiophileon.com/news/shozy-zero-earphone-review

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,389 of 1,545
I agree, Zero does really grow up along with the source. I settled on a pretty good combo with Hidizs AP100, by the way - sounds a bit dark and relaxed, still there's a fine amount of details.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #1,390 of 1,545
  I agree, Zero does really grow up along with the source. I settled on a pretty good combo with Hidizs AP100, by the way - sounds a bit dark and relaxed, still there's a fine amount of details.

The review is in line with all the other reviews, except for the fact that when I tested Zeros, they had one of the best soundstages ever, and mine sounded really good from a HTC 820. 

I don't recommend smooth signatures in general, but too many people like them smooth signatures so I stopped recommending things and just describe them. 

In the meanwhile, for their price, Zero are a good contender, someone looking for a fun, warm, playful, large soundstage signature will have a blast. Also, there is no veil and no smearing of instruments, separation is pretty good. 

They lack some finer characteristics seen in 700$+ IEMs and they lack treble for my tastes, but so many times people asked for smooth sounds that companies actually deliver this sound, with so few companies still making harsh / bright IEMs with bass (like ie800). 

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #1,392 of 1,545
  back to AAMML with you!

AAMML?... 

What is that? 

(Sorry, remembered what it is) 

--------- This is just the way I convey emotions better when writing ------- 

Just a wall of text isn't expressive or cannot convey the exact reaction I seek to employ when trying to say something. And anime girls are the cutest way of doing this! 

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #1,394 of 1,545
Is anyone able to comment on the sound signature of Shozy Cygnus and the Shozy zero?

The Cygnus is very similar, warmer low end, more relaxed high end. That being said, I think the Cygnus is a lot more balanced than the Zero, the high end in particular is more prominent and a lot more resolving.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-cygnus/reviews/16186

I did write a few more comparisons in my Cygnus review, I think it's a solid upgrade from the Zero if you don't mind the earbud form factor and lack of isolation. You can also have a look at the Shozy Stardust which has just been released. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #1,395 of 1,545
Hi Zero Gang,

Couple of quick questions - apologies if they have already been asked, I got about half way through this thread and didn't find the answers I was after.

I'm buying a couple of pairs as gifts for family, I will pre-burn for them. 
I'd like to get them some alternative tips as well - I was thinking foam (comply) and maybe the double flange ear tips.

Question one: what's the diameter of the nozzle? I'd seen it around but cannot track down the information anymore!

Question two: Has anyone found that either of these options makes a good (or bad) pairing with the Zeros?

Big thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back