Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #8,897 of 41,354
Quote:
It is the TX-NR509. I got it refurbished from accessoriesforless.com. They are the only authorized refurb dealer for onkyo if you check the onkyo site. The newest version of this reciever is the TX-NR414 I believe. The specs are virtually identical so I chose to go with the 509 and save a few bucks.
I don't have PS3 but I'll bet it would work. The last sony I had was glitchy on the hdmi pass through of my computer to my monitor because my monitor is not 1080 it is a 1920X1200. But the onkyo handles it seamlessly. Not a single problem with the higher resolution.
Hope that helps.

I believe I had the 307 or 308, I'm assuming they fixed it then with their latest batch of receivers...
im having an issue with my Vsx-920k right now where if I reboot my PC hooked up to it, it will change black to green and white to pink...
thanks for the site as well.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #8,901 of 41,354
I've been wanting to get another Jukebox lately but all the iPod based ones apparently suck. 
frown.gif

Quote:
How epic would it be if someone could use an actual CD/vinyl jukebox as their transport :O

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #8,902 of 41,354
I believe I had the 307 or 308, I'm assuming they fixed it then with their latest batch of receivers...
im having an issue with my Vsx-920k right now where if I reboot my PC hooked up to it, it will change black to green and white to pink...
thanks for the site as well.

Yea you won't have that problem with the model I have. Listening to mine right now with my DT990s....

On the subject, here is an interesting thread on their high end line. This doesn't have HDMI and home stereo type functions but has novel things called "knobs" on the front and "audiophile grade" capacitors and components inside. Dacs are top tier. Won't be good with your ps3 but will be a hell of a headphone/stereo desk setup.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621917/onkyo-a-5vl-a-game-changer

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #8,904 of 41,354
Quote:
Here's an update on my setup. Got myself a new desk along with a new monitor and keyboard. I can actually sit up straight at my desk now!

Last one here just shows some of the lighting I have going on. The picture makes it look harsh but it's very soothing in person.

Aren't you worried about over stretching your headphones like that? 
blink.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #8,906 of 41,354
Quote:
Aren't you worried about over stretching your headphones like that? 
blink.gif

Originally yes, but the clamp force was high so I decided to stretch them out a bit. They still clamp just fine with having them stretched out as such. I don't see it as any different than having the headphones on all the time. The Ultrasone bands are also pretty flexible and durable so if I really needed to, I could increase the clamping force if they were to ever get too stretch out
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #8,908 of 41,354
I Am planning to get a Headphone stand Either audio technica Glastand (will Denon D5000 be too heavy for them?)  or something else maybe from Zoppapro
For now my only solution is this  (as i dont want to harm my Alienware screen by hanging them on it)

The ideal solution would be a round swing stand that could take 3 headphones but need somewhere to buy one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back