Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 2, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #4,561 of 41,227

Quote:
Liquid Fire eh? I might have to hit Robert up and see if I can get one to borrow.

Not bashing, but when I previously heard one I didn't think it was all that impressive... I was underwhelmed by it.

must have been the source. 
deadhorse.gif

no kidding, i have the V200 and Liquid Fire sitting a few feet from each other.
each morning the V200 awakens, and bows to the Liquid Fire. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #4,562 of 41,227
Liquid Fire eh? I might have to hit Robert up and see if I can get one to borrow.

Not bashing, but when I previously heard one I didn't think it was all that impressive... I was underwhelmed by it.

The LF is the only product I've heard with my LCD 2 that I use the term 'night and day' with. The bass and detail it brings out are just amazing.

It was also my first non-blind buy in this hobby, so I had to be impressed.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #4,563 of 41,227
hd 650s gone and i have w5000s now 
biggrin.gif

hd 800 incoming next week + denon d7000 shortly after. 

also, upgrading my PC again! this time getting a 1200W power supply and getting a SSD drive + maybe a tb or 2 for music 
biggrin.gif

those 24/96 flac really take up alot of space....

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #4,566 of 41,227
Got my WooAudio GES (premium parts upgrade, DACT CT2 stepped attenuator) today, so now I can finally listen my SR-507 (which I got on 29 december 2011) 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Sorry for so many photos, I just can't pick the best of them, so dicided to upload them all 
rolleyes.gif
 And by the way, the two devices in front of the monitor is my DAC and balanced amp for HE-6 (look in my signature) and it's just a temporary place for them, in a few days I will make a shelf for them (didn't expect that GES will arrive so fast, only 8 days from USA to my home in Russia)

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #4,567 of 41,227
Awesome setup DragonOwen.

I wonder how the HE-6 and the 507 compare.

Also, why did you wait so long when you did have the 507? Depending on the amp you had before you could have bought a transformer for about $200 as a temporary solution. Selling it after you do have a proper amp won't be a problem either since there are enough people that want one.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #4,569 of 41,227

Quote:
Awesome setup DragonOwen.
I wonder how the HE-6 and the 507 compare.
Also, why did you wait so long when you did have the 507? Depending on the amp you had before you could have bought a transformer for about $200 as a temporary solution. Selling it after you do have a proper amp won't be a problem either since there are enough people that want one.

The GES is still burning-in so can't do a proper comparission right now... but I'm about 80% sure that I will be selling my HE-6 soon, based on what I'm hearing right now from my SR-507.
wink.gif

There was some issues with payment and bank blocked my money transfer for 30 days, so that's why I have to wait for two months... I bought used 507 on audiogon for 675, so it was pretty hot deal, so I bought them right away. This is my first electrostatic headphones and GES is my first electrostatic amp, so transformer will not helped me in any way (and I don't have any free money right now (or two months ago), it all was putted in getting GES (I even sold my LCD-2 + Silver Dragon balanced cable)), but I had HE-6 with me, so it wasn't very boring waiting of amp for 507, because HE-6 is superb headphones.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, hope you understand what I'm trying to tell. 
redface.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #4,570 of 41,227
The GES is still burning-in so can't do a proper comparission right now... but I'm about 80% sure that I will be selling my HE-6 soon, based on what I'm hearing right now from my SR-507.
wink.gif

There was some issues with payment and bank blocked my money transfer for 30 days, so that's why I have to wait for two months... I bought used 507 on audiogon for 675, so it was pretty hot deal, so I bought them right away. This is my first electrostatic headphones and GES is my first electrostatic amp, so transformer will not helped me in any way (and I don't have any free money right now (or two months ago), it all was putted in getting GES (I even sold my LCD-2 + Silver Dragon balanced cable)), but I had HE-6 with me, so it wasn't very boring waiting of amp for 507, because HE-6 is superb headphones.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English, hope you understand what I'm trying to tell. 
redface.gif

Two months? Seems you made a typo in that case, since 29 December 2010 is 14 months ago!

And you don't need an electrostatic amp to use a transformer. In fact, you use it to allow a 'normal' amp to drive electrostats by simply increasing the voltage of a powerful headphone amp or speaker amp. Since you had an amp that could drive an HE-6 I think you'd have no problem driving an electrostat.
But if you'd have to wait two months, then it ain't that bad. At first I thought you had to wait 14 months, which would seem almost like an eternity to me.

Congratulations on your upgrade, by the way. I'm sure you'll be very happy :wink:

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #4,571 of 41,227

Quote:
Two months? Seems you made a typo in that case, since 29 December 2010 is 14 months ago!
And you don't need an electrostatic amp to use a transformer. In fact, you use it to allow a 'normal' amp to drive electrostats by simply increasing the voltage of a powerful headphone amp or speaker amp. Since you had an amp that could drive an HE-6 I think you'd have no problem driving an electrostat.
But if you'd have to wait two months, then it ain't that bad. At first I thought you had to wait 14 months, which would seem almost like an eternity to me.
Congratulations on your upgrade, by the way. I'm sure you'll be very happy
wink.gif

Yes, sorry, my mistake, still kinda living in 2011  
tongue.gif

My amp for HE-6 (MS Audio lab. FHA 1.3) is balanced and gives about 6 watts on 50 Ohm in pure class A and it was basically made for HE-6 
wink.gif
 But still I never think to try driving SR-507 from it...
Thanks, I'm already feel happy 
tongue_smile.gif
, now I will have to only save some money to buy 009, so that I will be even more happy... but it will probably take about 2 years for me to save so much money 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #4,572 of 41,227
Quote:
The last pics I posted are annoying me because of how dirty my A/V cabinet was. I cleaned up a little so you could see it clean. Also my ant farm was missing in the last pics. Sorry if this second post pisses anyone off.

Shpongle! Nice setup.

Quote:

Full desk

Up close

Wow, nice. Someone has the "itis" bad 
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #4,574 of 41,227
my Magnums are in the process of being made. Should have them by my birthday. CANNOT WAIT

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #4,575 of 41,227
Just ordered me a pair of vintage Stax: SR-5NB and a SRD-6 transformer box. I'll be running it off of my dad's Pioneer SX-6 and my cheap $40 Sherwood S-7210A receiver until I can sell my Burson and pick up a beefy vintage integrated amp. From what I've read these should be real kickass metal phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back