Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 3, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #36,706 of 41,372
One of my favourite matches: Liquid Platinum with Audeze LCD-X (2016 vintage, old-style headband). This time, LP is sporting Siemens E188CC pair - breathtaking!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #36,707 of 41,372
Last year I inherited my dad's NAD 3020 and had it completely refurbed. I replaced the caps, had the board cleaned, replaced the speaker terminals, and a bunch of other enhancements/replacements/cleaning. Around 600 bucks from Leesonic over at Audio Karma's site. I have about probably 5-10 hours on this thing (at most) and have to bring it next month to a buddy's house. So I'm going to be working on burning in the caps (if you're into that sort of thing) for the next 50-100 hours (w/ speakers + headphones). My parents have never heard the "new" version and mom asked to hear it so I brought it in. I may end up putting the Vali 2 on it so I get some tubey action for fun.

Right now I have the LG V40 as my source. I may switch to the iFi Zen One Signature.

Attachments

• NAD 1.jpg
    NAD 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • NAD 2.jpg
    NAD 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • NAD 3.jpg
    NAD 3.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 0
  • NAD 4.jpg
    NAD 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #36,708 of 41,372
Last year I inherited my dad's NAD 3020 and had it completely refurbed. I replaced the caps, had the board cleaned, replaced the speaker terminals, and a bunch of other enhancements/replacements/cleaning. Around 600 bucks from Leesonic over at Audio Karma's site. I have about probably 5-10 hours on this thing (at most) and have to bring it next month to a buddy's house. So I'm going to be working on burning in the caps (if you're into that sort of thing) for the next 50-100 hours (w/ speakers + headphones). My parents have never heard the "new" version and mom asked to hear it so I brought it in. I may end up putting the Vali 2 on it so I get some tubey action for fun.

Right now I have the LG V40 as my source. I may switch to the iFi Zen One Signature.
Sweet! The 3020 is a classic.

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #36,709 of 41,372

Brings back some memories. I sold my C372 about ten years ago. Ah, the two channel days were fun. But only in a house. :smile:

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #36,712 of 41,372
Mar 4, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #36,714 of 41,372
DIY Vibro-Labs Fostex MK2 vs ZMF VC modded.

PXL_20230304_155141378 (2).jpg
Since I have dedected the key in the middle, right of the magnifiying glass, I am speculating what it is good for. The key to wisdom, to everlasting life, at least to golden ears? Or a simple Highend Voddoo from Africa against disharmonic distortions? Please let me know, maybe we can start big buisness with it. 😉

Mar 4, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #36,715 of 41,372
Since I have dedected the key in the middle, right of the magnifiying glass, I am speculating what it is good for. The key to wisdom, to everlasting life, at least to golden ears? Or a simple Highend Voddoo from Africa against disharmonic distortions? Please let me know, maybe we can start big buisness with it. 😉
May be high end Voodoo from Africa. I am retired and have time to tinker with all my headphones from ZMF to Denon, to Fostex and Audeze. Nothing is perfect, if you can improve them. Why not?.:L3000:

Mar 4, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #36,716 of 41,372

The NAD 3020 is a bona fide audio classic. I know three or four people who had it, foolishly "upgraded" from it to something else, then wished they hadn't.

I'd be interested to hear how that sounds driving a pair of headphones. Years ago I met the president of NAD and complimented him on this component (I didn't own one, but knew it well).

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #36,718 of 41,372
Some of the systems on hear look stunning.
Mine is nothing fancy but the tube amp has a lovely sound to it driving the shp9500
IMG_20230302_200558.jpg
You got the best dad sign. That's worth more than most gear :wink:

Mar 4, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #36,720 of 41,372
Found something to collect the headphone wires from just falling over the desk. This three hook dual pocket felt folder that hangs off of three hooks on the side of the desk. I may get rid of the felt folder at some point and use the three hooks and jerry rig something that looks a bit sleeker and organizes the cables better, but this will do quite well for now.

Now to finish putting the equipment so I can sheathe all the wires under the desk. Also whenever Audeze feels like sending out the Xbox Maxwell headphones, I can get rid of that nest of wires from my gaming headset and clean that up as well.

Headphone cables before:

PXL_20230303_144341780 (Medium).jpg

After:

PXL_20230305_014844767 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back